New Reefer car for the WCOV

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

Gra2472

New Reefer car for the WCOV

Post by Gra2472 »

Hello live steamers! I hope that you have had a fantastic summer of live steaming. We had a good time, even making the trip to Train Mountain for the first time.

I wanted to share with you a new arrival to the WC&OV fleet. This is a Titan trains refrigerator car that I had made, and custom painted for my wife for her birthday. I had been hopeful that it would arrive by the Triennial, but just arrived this past Wednesday. My wife knew that I had ordered her a birthday present, but understandably was become rather disappointed as the days went by. Ironically, she had to go pick it up the local freight depot herself since I was at work.

I am glad to report however, that she was as excited about it as I had hoped. She loves it! Since this is her personal car, she will be the only one allowed to put it in the train, or store anything in it. I am pretty sure that it will be full of yarn and knitting projects while we are out playing trains. She was quite clear about this with my father when he suggested using it as a tool car.

If you are wondering about the railroad name, that's her maiden name, where she was raised in Oklahoma, and where we live now. The blue color is a tribute to the blue scrubs she wears at work in the operating room, hence the nurse emblem. The pandemic was hard on her, but she never wavered, and even started to truly enjoy this crazy hobby. For that reason, I thought that she deserved to have something in the collection that was hers and hers alone.

Though the car took longer than expected, Titan trains did a beautiful job. The lettering and paint turned out better than I expected.
Attachments
81B348CC-50EF-41F6-B2C8-42CC5F592F20.jpeg
7.5" Allen Mogul
3 x 7.5" West Valley Baldwin Westinghouse Electrics
The railroad is almost done.
G. Augustus
Monte Rio, Ca.
ccvstmr

Re: New Reefer car for the WCOV

Post by ccvstmr »

Graham...nice tribute! May she roll for many miles (the car, not your wife!). Got a better side view of the graphics? Just curious. Carl B.
Life is like a sewer...what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!
I don't walk on water...I just learned where some of the stepping stones are!
I love mankind...it's some of the people I can't stand!
Gra2472

Post by Gra2472 »

Good idea Carl. Here’s a better shot of the graphics.

Garrett
Attachments
F0CCA968-C8DB-49B1-885D-ABFB45E74A15.jpeg
7.5" Allen Mogul
G. Augustus
Monte Rio, Ca.
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

What a beautiful piece of rolling stock! I like the logo as well.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
Gra2472

Post by Gra2472 »

Thank you! I appreciate that.
7.5" Allen Mogul
G. Augustus
Monte Rio, Ca.