Toyo ML 210 lathe

All discussion about lathes including but not limited to: South Bend, Hardinge, Logan, Monarch, Clausing and other HSM lathes, including imports

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

backyardrails

Toyo ML 210 lathe

Post by backyardrails »

Hi
Just wonder if anybody has a spare chuck key or chuck with key for sale. Maybe somebody has a spare hanging around. My friend, who is on long term disability, was given the lathe and he would like to start using it. I would gladly pay for it.
Thanks
Bernie Grow
Harold_V

Re: Toyo ML 210 lathe

Post by Harold_V »

Please provide more information. The number of chuck keys (and chucks) on the market is staggering----so the chance of getting the right one in this instance is rather remote. If the key is intended for the chuck for the spindle, the size and shape of the socket would be most helpful, as it may be a common size that will accommodate keys from other makers.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
backyardrails

Post by backyardrails »

579077.jpg
It's the one on the left side of the photo.
John Evans

Post by John Evans »

That is a drill chuck key! Go to MSC and look around . I have found some of the import drill chucks use a non standard key, most chucks use a Jacobs std. style key. Being that is one of those import, dare I say toy lathes, who knows what standard they used.
www.chaski.com
backyardrails

Post by backyardrails »

Hi John
Apparently , that is the key that is used on the 3 jaw chuck. Remember, it's a small lathe. If I can't find one, I'll make it for my friend.
One of my mills is set up for indexing only.
Bernie
John Evans

Post by John Evans »

On that little lathe it very well maybe they use a drill style chuck on the head stock. I know Atlas lathes could be had with a drill style chuck setup to mount on the HS spindle threads ! Anyway where there is a will there IS a way!
www.chaski.com
Richard_W

Post by Richard_W »

John Evans wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:23 pm On that little lathe it very well maybe they use a drill style chuck on the head stock. I know Atlas lathes could be had with a drill style chuck setup to mount on the HS spindle threads ! Anyway where there is a will there IS a way!
Yes, it could be mounted on the spindle. I had a South Bend 10" lathe that I bought used that had a Jacobs chuck that threaded on the spindle.

Richard W.