Did I miss a notice?

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

RONALD

Did I miss a notice?

Post by RONALD »

I posted five photos to a post for Live Steam, they were excepted, and showed in Preview, but only the last one came up when I Submitted my post.

Has it now come down to only one attachment per post; too much bother to Submit five separate posts!
John Hasler

Re: Did I miss a notice?

Post by John Hasler »

Post to "Site Software Questions and Answers". Something is broken. I've seen other recent posts with multiple attachments.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

One thing to consider is the size of each photo. There's a limit on how large they can be (I'm talking about the file size, not the pixel size), so if you've exceeded the limit, that may explain why only one shows. If you didn't exceed the limit, who knows! Computers have a way of doing strange things on occasion.

You are not alone, however. At least one other instance has been reported. At this point, I don't have an answer, assuming the sizes were all acceptable.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Dave_C

Post by Dave_C »

Yup, I've had that problem twice. Both times I posted pics that were reduced in size so they were not over the limit. They showed when I did a preview but only one remained when I posted.

I just figured it was a software issue and I didn't worry about it.

Dave C.
I learn something new every day! Problem is I forget two.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Dave_C wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:00 am Yup, I've had that problem twice. Both times I posted pics that were reduced in size so they were not over the limit. They showed when I did a preview but only one remained when I posted.

I just figured it was a software issue and I didn't worry about it.

Dave C.
Interestingly, the problem doesn't appear to be consistent. However, after it was reported, Mike (board owner) had the same exerience, so it's being investigated and will be fixed as quickly as possible.

When you guys have a problem with the board, it doesn't hurt to make mention (make a post, or send a PM) so we can take a look. It isn't unusual for something to not work properly and not be detected by us.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
dorin

Post by dorin »

I applied the patch this morning.
It should be working now. (It did for me)
Sorry for the troubles!
www.chaski.com