Long shot does anyone recognize this motor?

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

ChooChooChris

Re: Long shot does anyone recognize this motor?

Post by ChooChooChris »

Fender wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:18 pm I bought a similar motor from ebay a few years ago, ostensibly 24 volts. No plate identifying the wattage, rpm or anything else. The rpm turned to be extremely high, leading me to believe it was actually a 12 volt motor. I ran it a few years, but eventually replaced it with a new motor with known specs when “the smoke leaked out” of the original motor.
Never let the magic go smoke out!
Anyways. Happy to report it made it through another 8 hour day. Still want to look into opening them up and seeing what type of P.M. can be done and see if brushes can even be replaced and that state of the gearbox. Other then that looks like we will just run em till they die.
-Chris Srch---- Home track Tradewinds and Atlantic Railroad
Steggy

Re: Long shot does anyone recognize this motor?

Post by Steggy »

ChooChooChris wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:42 pmStill want to look into opening them up and seeing what type of P.M. can be done and see if brushes can even be replaced and that state of the gearbox.
You might luck out and discover you have self-commutating motors, which means no brushes.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D