Interesting shows and sales

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

TomB

Interesting shows and sales

Post by TomB »

I use to like going to the Cabin Fever show in Pa about mid Jan. However, I moved to Vermont and it is too long a drive to be reasonable for a mere shopper. I realize that many of the vendors drive longer distances to participate but they have a profit motive and I just have a spending motive. I've always just been interested in wandering around the booths, seeing how the sandbox toys performed and perhaps bidding on a tool or going to a seminar. The 3 hour drive to southern PA was acceptable especially if I combined with a one night motel stay.

Now I am living in southern VT, actually in town of Londonderry, and would like to find some analogous show in the New England area. Seems like the Boston area or the Hartford CN area ought to be populous enough to have an active group hosting a show, but I don't know of a starting point for a search. If anyone could give me a lead toward information I would be very grateful.

Tom B
Bill Shields

Re: Interesting shows and sales

Post by Bill Shields »

What do they have at THE BIG E?
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
10 Wheeler Rob

Post by 10 Wheeler Rob »

There is a show twice a year at the CT Antique Measume in Kent CT, the fall show has several vendors selling stuff. It no where as good as the quantity what is at Cabin Fever. Google CMS show.
10 Wheeler Rob

Post by 10 Wheeler Rob »

Its CMA for Connecticut Antique Machinery Museam
hobgobbln

Post by hobgobbln »

I've never been to it, but there used to be a big antique engine/tractor show in Bernardston, Ma which is pretty close to where you are. From what people have told me there are lots of people also selling tools, equipment, projects, etc. Its usually in the summer right next to Kringle Candle. Take Rt 91 south, first exit once you cross the Mass line and its only a mile down the road.

I've never been to Cabin Fever so I'm not sure what you're hoping to find, but there is also Fabtech which alternates between Springfield, Ma and Hartford. It's definitely aimed more towards manufacturing and big scale shops but if you get the chance to go I recommend it. Tons of booths and vendors. And being geared towards high end shops and manufacturing you get to see some really cool stuff you probably have never even heard of. My ex wife had to drag me out of there like a little kid in a toy store :lol:
Bill Shields wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:48 pm What do they have at THE BIG E?
A terrible traffic problem, some farm animals and $9 fried pickles. I did see the SlapChop guy there a few times though and the big yellow carpet slide is worth waiting in line for.