ODF AAR Class B truck kit list

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

PRR5406

Re: ODF AAR Class B truck kit list

Post by PRR5406 »

Glory-osky (part 2) Odd Duck! Does that mean one can build an ALCO, an early FM, a Baldwin, or a GE U25B and get it rolling for $600 total? Just answer the question, Quacko! $300 per truck set or $300 total for two truck sets. Inquiring minds want to know.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Sigh. OK, one more time. $300, one kit, gets two trucks, 4 axles worth of rolling fun. Enough for one loco, unless you are building one of those 4 truck jobbies.
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Golly gee whiz, Mr. Duck, At least the air is clear and the Duck has spoken, or quacked, or whatever. $300 is a bargain beyond belief.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
SPSteam2491

Post by SPSteam2491 »

Went back through the archives to find pictures of the castings of the truck and the original posting from 2018 indicates a pricing of $600 per set (see the link below). While no one is going to complain about a 50% reduction in price, it does seem off considering all the market change in the last 5 years.

http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/vie ... +B#p412061

Is the posting above accurate to the same design and offerings for this batch of parts?
Thanks
John LaFavor
Pacific Design Shops
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Yes, they sat for a long time at that price. I finally wound up dropping the price just to move them. This is the same exact kit, figured this is a reasonable price. I could charge more, I suppose, if that's what everyone wants. Just kidding, of course.
Going back to my basic philosophy, perhaps someone who otherwise couldn't afford to build themselves a loco can.
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Gee Mr. Duck, that sure is swell!
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Hello everyone! I wanted to post an update on this project, as per usual it's taking longer than I expected. And, I now get to add another delay.
https://youtu.be/4d6czE5ClQY
As I said in the video, I am starting a new job, and there's some extensive training for it, so shop time for the next couple of months is going to be reduced. And, as I said in the video, I fully intend to finish this, as expeditiously as possible. My list of projects has been reduced to just a few at the moment, and probably will be reduced to just personal projects by this fall. If you have any questions or concerns, please pm me and I'm more than happy to answer. Thanks for your patience!
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Pete:
Thanks for the preview on your Big Changes.
Whatever they are I do wish you luck!
Regards,
RussN
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

It's been too long, I have finally restarted casting parts for the Alco truck kits. The stars have finally aligned, and I have completed refurbishing enough equipment that it should go pretty smoothly from this point.
For everyone who has been patiently waiting, I sincerely appreciate it and apologize that it's taken this long to restart progress on these. It was never my intention to delay this long, I figured wrong on the amount of free time I would have when I took my new job this past spring.
To keep everyone informed from this point, I will be posting updates as close to weekly as possible. The Alco trucks are going to be my main focus, with a few other projects sprinkled in. I want to get these done.
Again, thanks for the patience, my offer still stands that if you paid me a deposit I will gladly refund it if you are tired of waiting. I will keep you on the list, however, if you are still interested when they are complete. Oh, I will not be taking any more reservations, if I have any leftover sets when I am done I will announce it.
Thanks!
Attachments
20231214_181227.jpg
20231214_181227.jpg (967.32 KiB) Viewed 1133 times