Vintage machines/steam engines at Soule Museum

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

k4kfh

Vintage machines/steam engines at Soule Museum

Post by k4kfh »

My girlfriend and I were at the Soule Steam festival in Meridian MS a few weeks ago, and we're both into photography, so she brought her DSLR. I had no idea that Soule was such a great place to take photos - between the two of us we ended up with some pretty unique shots.

I'm personally thinking about printing some as office decor/shop art, so I'm wondering if anybody else would be interested. We're thinking we might sell prints online and donate a portion of the proceeds back to Soule, but not sure yet on pricing or if there is even interest.

Here's a link to some watermarked copies, resized to lower resolution for those of you with slower internet connections. The full size images are 5184x3456px. https://imgur.com/a/TAQvi2X

(If any of you worked on restoring any of this machinery or have connections to Soule, let me know and I'll be happy to send you all the photos no charge. I appreciate all the effort that goes into keeping that place preserved and running.)

What do y'all think? Would you want to buy prints? What would be a fair price? Which photos do you like best? Apologies if this seems like narcissistic self-promotion, I'm just trying to gauge interest.