Future considerations from EE

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Berkman

Re: Future considerations from EE

Post by Berkman »

doesn't mercer still make various boiler checks? albeit not a top mount.

I think having a website with a list of products and online purchase options give EE a distinct advantage.

I'd imagine there is a direct relationship between sales numbers and having an online catalog with the ability to purchase and pay online with a credit card. I can think of other suppliers that would really benefit from a similar investment. At this point a small webstore using wordpress and various online store plugins, shopify, or squarespace is really easy and shouldn't cost that much.

It's so easy to get on EE's, Allen models, PMR website and buy whatever, no need to email/ mail check, etc etc. Make it easy for me to give you my money!
Last edited by Berkman on Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
cbrew

Post by cbrew »

Berkman wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:43 am doesn't mercer still make various boiler checks? albeit not a top mount.
a small run, i have been waiting for another run. i heard he sold that stuff off...
If it is not live steam. its not worth it.
AnthonyDuarte

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

You can expect to see a variety of boiler checks and safeties available from EE in the future. The exact styles/variations will be announced when the designs are finalized.

Again, these aren’t the only appliances I’m considering making. These are ONLY the items on which I was skeptical regarding viability.
hoppercar

Post by hoppercar »

Glad to hear check valves are in the running !!!!.....no.matter how you move water to.a boiler, injector, steam pump, axle pump, or hand pump...check valves are always needed....they will certainly make a nice addition to.your line of products !!!!
cbrew

Post by cbrew »

AnthonyDuarte wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:33 pm You can expect to see a variety of boiler checks and safeties available from EE in the future. The exact styles/variations will be announced when the designs are finalized.

Again, these aren’t the only appliances I’m considering making. These are ONLY the items on which I was skeptical regarding viability.
great to hear,
If it is not live steam. its not worth it.
kcameron

Post by kcameron »

Check valves with the reliability of the EE injectors would be great. I was running a 1.5" 0-4-0 yesterday and the only thing on that loco that was 100% was the EE injector. Everything else was one 'feature' or another, but made for a grand day anyway. On that little thing I only needed to turn it on for 30 seconds and the boiler was full again.
-ken cameron
Syracuse Model Railroad Club http://www.SyracuseModelRr.org/
CNY Modelers http://www.cnymod.com/
Finger Lakes Live Steamers http://www.fingerlakeslivesteamers.org/
Member JMRI Developer Team http://www.jmri.org/
mailto: kcameron@twcny.rr.com
In the Upstate New York US area of the world
WM828

Post by WM828 »

I would want 1 if not 2 of the Nathan top checks.
DaveD

Post by DaveD »

I may be interested in the Nathan Top Mount Dual Check Valve in 1.6" scale if you produce one with straight-out arms and mine doesn't work properly under steam.

The B&O P7 I am building had a boiler top mount dual check valve that looks very similar to the one you are suggesting that you might produce, but the water feed tubing arms are straight out. I modeled and had one printed in stainless/bronze and now have it working, but only in a static state, since I have not run my locomotive under steam. The stainless/bronze print was hard to machine and isn't the nicest thing I have made so far.
Attachments
boiler top double check valve.jpg
Dave Dalton
Mike Walsh

Post by Mike Walsh »

DaveD wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:06 am The stainless/bronze print was hard to machine and isn't the nicest thing I have made so far.
I dunno if I agree with that, it looks pretty damn good to me!
FKreider

Post by FKreider »

Mike Walsh wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:24 am
DaveD wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:06 am The stainless/bronze print was hard to machine and isn't the nicest thing I have made so far.
I dunno if I agree with that, it looks pretty damn good to me!
I agree with this sentiment as well!
-Frank K.
DaveD

Post by DaveD »

Mike, Frank, thank you for the compliment. What I meant to say is that the stainless/bronze material used in 3D printing is extremely hard to machine. I ruined one version by simply trying to tap the check ball cap hole using a new sharp tap, and I'm not sure that the ball and valve seats will positively seal as they should. It could be printed in brass or bronze, but in those materials it is ridiculously expensive.

Having these made by Anthony is probably a much better way to go!
Dave Dalton
ALCOSTEAM

Post by ALCOSTEAM »

I went to your website and saw the Simplex injector, then realized it was full sized. Any thought to producing them in 1.5 scale ?