Jet HVM-2 help

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Pearldragonz

Jet HVM-2 help

Post by Pearldragonz »

I recently picked up a barely used Jet HVM-2 horizontal/vertical mill for a really good price. That price came with an issue though. The original internal electronic switches and relays had been removed from the machine to make way for a set of VFD drives. That is all the farther that the previous owner got on the project. So I now have to finish the VFD install. I need the specs for the main motor on the head. All I know is that it is a 2 HP 3 phase. The plate on the motor is missing so I don't have RPM's or any other info to go on to calculate how many poles are in the motor. I need the # of poles to finish programming the VFD. Jet's website is in no way helpful as they only deal with newer equipment. Mine was manufatured in 1983. I can't find any useful info on the internet let alone a source for the correct manual. Any help with this matter would be helpful even if it's just a friend of a friend who knows a friend that has the HVM-2 mill and can still read the motor plate.
mcostello

Re: Jet HVM-2 help

Post by mcostello »

Will PM the mill manual. Cannot seem to pick out 1 page and send it.DELETE IT Oh great OBI-WAN.
Last edited by mcostello on Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcostello

Post by mcostello »

Will PM the mill manual. Cannot seem to pick out 1 page and send it.Send alternate email address, cannot send entire file.
armscor 1

Post by armscor 1 »

The Pancake shaped motor I had on mine was 2HP, 4 pole, 3 Phase, put a VFD on it.
mcostello

Post by mcostello »

Same dimensions as mine.