Autocon Delta 40 setup

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

Russ Hanscom

Autocon Delta 40 setup

Post by Russ Hanscom »

Having a problem with an Autocon, Delta 40 system. An early error, intermittent, is "No Signal". The bootup is a bit slow, and there are two endings. One indicates a reset is necessary, and the panel reset has no effect. The second is a halt midway through with the instruction to press "F1" or "Del" and run setup.

The panel, semi standard CNC, has neither an "F1" key or a "Del" key. I have pressed most of the keys without result.

The manuals I have do not cover this, they assume an operating machine.

Dynapath Autocon is not responding to phone or email.

I have had this machine for a number of years and it has worked, up until a week or so ago, I need to know how to get behind the curtain and run setup or whatever.

Might add that I have the Customer Information Manual, which covers basic operation and programing. There is also a Technical Information Manual which may, or may not, address deeper, or basic items. If anyone has a TIM, I would appreciate knowing that.

Thanks
GlennW

Re: Autocon Delta 40 setup

Post by GlennW »

Talk to Richard.

https://www.partsandsmartsinc.com/contact.htm

Be patient, these guys are a bit older, but they know this equipment.
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
Russ Hanscom

Post by Russ Hanscom »

Thanks
Russ Hanscom

Post by Russ Hanscom »

An update, not necessarily progress. The controller was sent off to them on July 1, arriving on the 7th per UPS tracking. The guy(s) are probably older than I am and not good at communicating. Finally got a report that the controller was now functioning properly, having replaced the mother board and some memory. Total charge $1450. It arrived back here on Aug 27 and I installed it and powered up. Essentially the same set of error messages; which I have documented and sent to them in an email. Will call on Monday and hope to get a clue. Still faced with the original issue of a message that says hit any key to continue; but no key generates an action.
Russ Hanscom

Post by Russ Hanscom »

After some discussion, and a few attempts, I decided that the Emergency Stop button had an issue, found a bad connection on that. After reviewing the startup procedures, and getting all of the resets reset in the correct order, I have motion in all axis. Should be able to resume normal operations.
Last edited by Russ Hanscom on Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

A relief to hear you resolved your operating problem.
Another job well done.
RussN
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Well done, Russ. I hope I can resolve the issues I have with my Haas just as easily.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Russ Hanscom

Post by Russ Hanscom »

The frustrating issue with this kind of stuff, is that one is totally clueless, and it is really hard to do any type of diagnostic. Talk about a mysterious black, or in this case aluminum, box. And in my case, I have to stand on a ladder to look into the box!