Tormach owners

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

Comstock-Friend

Re: Tormach owners

Post by Comstock-Friend »

Well, the Tormach finally got home and set up late last month. Decided to put it in the middle of the garage. Everything behind it is on wheels to roll about. Glad I went through the exercise as even with two Bridgeports, an Index 55 vertical mill, two 13" South Bends and an Enco 12" lathe, there is now more room to move about in the shop with the Tormach than without!
100_0714 small.jpg
100_0715 small.jpg
100_0716 small.jpg
Anyway, working through projects that you can get by with the conversational programming. Using the thread mill routine, I milled a 84 hole collet rack of MDF that fits in a drawer of my Enco lathe bench. The MDF fixture is on the table. Thanks for the info guys.

John
chief

Post by chief »

The mill looks great, you should have a lot of fun with it.

Terry
ecdez

Post by ecdez »

You're gonna love it! Might never look that clean again. I know mine doesn't.
WJH

Post by WJH »

Just got my little Taig CNC going, and I already want to get rid of all the manual stuff.
Magicniner

Post by Magicniner »

Will a Tormach cut 3mm deep in 316l with a 10mm endmill and 33% step over?
Mid Day Machining

Post by Mid Day Machining »

i am the former owner of a real CNC machine shop where I had a FADAL 3016 and a Haas TM-1 with a 10 pocket tool changer and a 5C 4th axis and a heart attack.

I had a heart attack in October 2007 at the shop.

My heart attack lead to cardiac surgery involving 5 cardiac bypasses and an aortic valve replacement. After that, I sold my shop in January 2008 and made a futile attempt at retirement.

I bought my PCNC 1100 since July 2011, and I have made hundreds of parts on it.

I made a deal with my wife when I bought the machine that I wouldn't take any steel jobs as long as I was working in the garage.

I did however take in some 6AL-4V titanium and some 718 Inconel.

Now, I manufacture a line of running gear for gas powered remote control boats.

I call my business MID DAY MACHINING because I seldom start work before 11:00 AM and I rarely work past 5:00 PM

Now i want to get a small conventional mill.
You can buy good parts, or you can buy cheap parts, but you can't buy good cheap parts.