3/4" pumps Van brocklin

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Bill Shields

Re: 3/4" pumps Van brocklin

Post by Bill Shields »

www.mehrs.com has the pump drawings you seek.
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

I can`t see why U can`t see the valve rods and connecting arms from the front.This pump is mounted backwards no matter which way U look @ it.
steamer
Builder01

Post by Builder01 »

The valve rods are pretty much blocked visually by the piston rods and cylinder spacers. You can sort of see them, but, they can be seen better if you put them on the side toward you. To me, the "back" of the pump is more interesting visually than the front". Not only can you see the actuating arms and valve rods, all of the steam chest fasteners and check valve hardware is visible.

There really is no backward or forward to this pump. It can be fit to a loco in many ways, none are more "backward" or "forward" than another.

Here's the "front" of the pump
DSCN1899 - reduced 4.jpg
Here's the "back"
DSCN1897 - reduced 2.jpg
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

I even have a loco with one laying flat under the cab floorboard looking like a 'stoker' engine.

Yes, I had to redesign the check valves to work in that arrangement.

I have also found that using a socket head CAP SCREW instead of a socket set screw makes it easier to get things locked down so that they don't come loose..yes, they are a bit more 'un-scale-like'...but...our hands and tool are not 1/16 scale either..
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
Joe Tanski

Post by Joe Tanski »

Don are you building any more VB 3/4 scale duplex pumps this is the smaller one not the 1” ones if you are let me know
Hope your having a great winter.been working on my 1” nyc Hudson ,putting in all new rod bearings,and fixing warn out crossheads,also rebuild axle pump,still have to do baker valve gear bushings.been bust baby sitting my grand kids ones 3 1/2 the other 6 months like full time so only shop work is on weekends,also have to finish up my 3/4 Coventry P7 which is 90 % done
Yours in Steam
Joe