Live Steamers, take note

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Live Steamers, take note

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

Folks, if you want a forum similar to the Home Machinist! Site just let me know. I can create it for you. For example, I just created a Forum called Photo Album. This is so the users can show off their Shops, machinery, projects etc. You all discuss it and let me know what you think.....

Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
dampfwilli

Re: Live Steamers, take note

Post by dampfwilli »

Ok, Marty,
your work its good and and its good to have people like You.
But i must say the new forum its not to my taste. It can be its a startup problem, but for me its much slower and more complicated to arrive on the board and participate with postings.
The old Home Machinist was in my opinion good and a live steam board in the old fashion with the possibility to post pics without to much problems will be (i think so) the wish of many of the old board.
Maybee we livesteamers are a little bit consevativ (i see this from the positiv side, with out us many things and many knowledgment dies out and are lost) but the contents of the old board are so good and i mean its not neccessary to give the good old wine in a new bottle.
Many greetings and all good wishes to You and all on the board
Have Fun
dampfwilli

You must not be crazy to play with steam, but it helps.
dampfwilli

Post by dampfwilli »

I forget to say: All this rankings and Chipsweepers and so are more for children like this swedish boy to play with. And i think without this toys the board can be faster.
The most of us :-))) older boys have enough selfconfidence and need this rankings not.
Have Fun
dampfwilli

You must not be crazy to play with steam, but it helps.
willjordan

Post by willjordan »

The new board looks good to me. It will take a bit of time to get used to, but it looks like a better product to me and the registration requirement should cut down on spam problems.
grace & peace
will

[url=http://willjordan.com]Will's Web Pages[/url]
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

I understand. It is a radical change. I'm doing my best to help out where I can. The registration issue is the biggest bug-a-boo. But most have gotten through it unscathed. I highly recommend checking the remember me box at log in this will help some.
Loading speed of the site is helped with the new software but SPAM control is another and the biggest is the Picture uploading. There was no way we found to have that with the old site. Better search functions too.

Let me know if there is anything further I can help with.
I am looking for a regular here to moderate, which is basically a regular user that checks most of the messages. And play referee now and again. Maybe you guys know who might be best, bat it around amongst yourselves.
There are no "power" priveleges. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/ooo.gif"%20alt="[/img]
Kevin_S

Post by Kevin_S »

Marty, I glanced through the rules and noticed you don't want any solictaion of any kind. There were a few contributor for the old forum that had live steam businesses, they would on ocassion post info about new products they were carring, they did not abuse the forum, can we still allow that in the new board?

-Kevin S.
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

I would leave it up to the moderator of this group. This site belongs to you fellows. Whatever the majority can tolerate is fine by me. OCCASIONAL Commercial posts shouldn't be a huge problem with the owner of this site.

Will Jordan has kindly offered to help moderate Live Steam. Ok with you fellows? No empowerment, just someone that routinely checks messages. If something is way off base he can notify me.

Marty
Mikado14

Post by Mikado14 »

Go for it Will!