Issues with RMI

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Berkman

Re: Issues with RMI

Post by Berkman »

I've only heard positive comments about Mercer's products, service and communication.

I'm glad that Dave chose to sell the products so others can offer them vs just making them unavailable. I for one look forward to when the safeties become available again.
It's a shame other suppliers like Klamath loco works or Roger Goldman, didn't or haven't made that decision to sell their product line vs just calling it quits etc. Hopefully the Superscale, LE, Allen, and Mercer product line will live on for many decades, even if under the care of different owners through the years.
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

Thanks for the nice comments I do apricate it.
ALLWAYS OPERATING MY TRAIN IN A SAFE MANNER USING AUTOMATIC AIR BRAKES
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

This is the reason why I was prompted to post the question about RMI. I have been trying to receive an email from them about crossing gates I need ten gates The total cost for them not including shipping is somewhere around $70,000.00 After numerous calls with no results I have given up trying to get any response from them. I did however reach them and asked, "where's my email" Looking for a confirmand price so I could send the full amount to them Ording the gates, I was told " I am sending the email as we speak" hoping to receive it but nothing after four days. A total Lye about sending it to me this lye is why I posted this thread on here I'm just feed up with all these promises from some suppliers. Giving False promises is not a very good why of doing business. So, to sum it up RMI lost a $70,000.00 job.
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

Did you look in your email spam bucket?

Stranger things have happened..

Or perhaps his ISP has your ISP/account on a black list..
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

I have gotten emails from them before belated ones two or three weeks later.
Adirondack

Post by Adirondack »

Trainman4602 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:47 pm This is the reason why I was prompted to post the question about RMI. I have been trying to receive an email from them about crossing gates I need ten gates The total cost for them not including shipping is somewhere around $70,000.00 After numerous calls with no results I have given up trying to get any response from them. I did however reach them and asked, "where's my email" Looking for a confirmand price so I could send the full amount to them Ording the gates, I was told " I am sending the email as we speak" hoping to receive it but nothing after four days. A total Lye about sending it to me this lye is why I posted this thread on here I'm just feed up with all these promises from some suppliers. Giving False promises is not a very good why of doing business. So, to sum it up RMI lost a $70,000.00 job.
Hey Dave, I can do the job for a fair amount less. We should talk. I just finished up a similar project.

Chris
Attachments
2022-09-02 09_16_14-semaphore with tall finial.3dm - MoI.png
2022-09-02 09_17_08-semaphore with tall finial.3dm - MoI.png
Adirondack Car & Foundry
Check out our projects: https://www.facebook.com/ADKrail/
Visit our ALL-NEW online store: https://adirondackcarfoundry.square.site/

A little locomotive with 4 wheels on the track is a lot more fun
than a 1/2 finished one with 16 wheels on the bench!
Chris Hollands

Post by Chris Hollands »

I have to agree with Russ - I never had any issues with Dave - got what I asked for no problems .
Roger Byrne

Post by Roger Byrne »

Trainman, I want to respond to your comments directed to me. I was working in my shop on a K-4 and an Allen's 10-Wheeler back when you had Mercer. You were known for your high quality, authentic items and that's why the owners of the engines chose your parts. I don't question that the issues supplying them may very well have been caused by problems with the foundry. We never had harsh words back then (20+ years ago) and as I said previously, your workmanship was and is outstanding plus the videos you have made, are a great asset to live steamers. I guess it was just when a supplier to the hobby is panned on the forum, it makes it hard to get their reputation back if they fix the issues. Now if they don't fix the problems, they won't and shouldn't be in business.
Preserving Mechanical History for Future Generations Since 1965
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

OK Roger Thanks for clearing this up How is the K4?
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

Chris, I have my own patterns for the semaphores. Had them for years along with the proper Randels as well. Have lower quadrant blades as well and several different Finials.
I have purchased the gates I have all ten for less than from RMI.

BTW if you are making the upper quadrant blade fall to the left that is not correct. However, it is for Chicago Northwestern RR and for England.