Brake valve ID help

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Trainman4602

Re: Brake valve ID help

Post by Trainman4602 »

As most know on here I am a major advocate of air brakes for our trains Steam unless regulated put to much pressure on the rigging and will slide the wheels.
I have automatic and independent air on all my trains. All of the equipment on the current project will have air for brakes.
I wont go over it again I do have videos on the operation of my system.
Here is a picture of the activating valves I placed on the tender for convince. I use a Clippard plunger valve with a cam never had a problem. There is no need to have notches on the valve for setting the brakes. You are just regulating the air to a different pressure and the TRUE triple valve does the rest. Yes, I have real triple valves.
Attachments
Picture 143.jpg
Picture 145.jpg
ALLWAYS OPERATING MY TRAIN IN A SAFE MANNER USING AUTOMATIC AIR BRAKES
JBodenmann

Post by JBodenmann »

Hello My Friends
Here are my 1-1/2" scale brake valves. Both S6 independent, and H6 automatic air brake valves. They are investment cast bronze with a hardened steel detent ring, with detent located positions for release, lap, service application, and emergency. I may be making a run of these this winter if there is enough interest. H6 valve is $950.00, the S6 valve is $850.00 painted and assembled. Anyone that wants a set let me know and I'll start a list . No deposit necessary to get on the list.
Jack
Brake Valve.jpg
wbarbe

Post by wbarbe »

I want one of each. Message sent