MISSING ITEM FROM TRAIN MOUNTION VENDOR BOOTH

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

SPSteam2491

MISSING ITEM FROM TRAIN MOUNTION VENDOR BOOTH

Post by SPSteam2491 »

Cross posting from Facebook for those that do not use social media.

I am missing the NKP Mars Light Prototype from the Pacific Design Shops vendor booth at Train Mountain. It was last seen on the table at ~2pm this afternoon and was gone when I arrived back at 4:30pm. If you happened to grab it to show someone and forgot to return it, please bring it back to the table tomorrow to myself or David Newell. See the picture below for what it looks like.

I was not planning on releasing any information online about this until after the prototype was fully tested and verified for its performance. But I also do not want anyone taking credit for a design they did not develop. I'm not looking to place blame, but would like to have the prototype back to show customers who have heard of the design and want to see its progress. Showing a prototype is better than a CAD model.

Thanks for your help
Attachments
CAD VIEW.jpg
Thanks
John LaFavor
Pacific Design Shops
Bill Shields

Re: MISSING ITEM FROM TRAIN MOUNTION VENDOR BOOTH

Post by Bill Shields »

Ugh....gotta put a chain and anchor on everything these days.
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
paralleler

Post by paralleler »

:-( Groan...
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

Grrrr…. I hope that it comes back. That’s just not right.
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

we who design / build and appreciate come from a very different mind-set than others...
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
JBodenmann

Post by JBodenmann »

Hello My Friends
The theft of the mars lamp is really disappointing. But I must add that the live steam community is for the most part a very fine group of people. I have often left things out at meets unattended and have never had a problem. These were small expensive items like brake valves and headlamps. It's a shame that this will affect how we display things in the future.
Jack
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

There always has to be someone who has no respect for the ingenuity and work of others. I kind of like how it is handled in shari’a law countries when the the thief is caught. :) Brutal but extraordinarily effective...
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
Mr Ron

Post by Mr Ron »

It all goes back to social behavior that is taught to our children from the beginning. Unless children grow up having been taught by responsible parents, how can we expect others to behave in society. Stealing is one of the ten commandments. Do people still remember them? I was brought up knowing them. Even stealing a 5¢ stick of gum was a sin, but people put their own limit as to what constitutes stealing. We may not get punished in this life but wait and see what happens in the afterlife. I am far from perfect; to say I never broke the rules, I would be a hypocrite, but I do know the difference between right and wrong.
Mr.Ron from South Mississippi
Mike Walsh

Post by Mike Walsh »

I think maybe getting a little off track here.

It's possible that someone borrowed it to discuss it with someone else, and it is sitting on their tender... Or was... and got knocked off during their run...

It's possible that it was misplaced, and could be within plain sight.

A lot of things are possible. Let's not jump the gun and assume that youngsters "borrowed" it.

I hope that John recovers his prototype so he can complete his project. Best of luck!
rmac

Post by rmac »

Mike Walsh wrote: I think maybe getting a little off track here.
Yup. We don't want this to cross over into politics and religion. This isn't the place for debating that stuff.
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

Has it turned up yet, John?
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.
SPSteam2491

Post by SPSteam2491 »

The prototype has not shown up yet but I have been very encouraged by the comments of people keeping an eye out for it. This hobby has a great community and a majority of people keep a look out for one another. I'm keeping a positive outlook that someone wanted to show someone and forgot to bring it back. And thankfully I still have all the 3D CAD so the parts can be made again.
Thanks
John LaFavor
Pacific Design Shops