South Bend Live steam?

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

theg8nw

South Bend Live steam?

Post by theg8nw »

Hey, Are there any live steam people in the South Bend Indiana area? I'm in the process of moving my shop and locomotive over here now. I would much enjoy meet up with other live steamers. It might take till mid or ends of summer to get everything over here, I have a pretty complete home shop, and limited space here, (still negotiating with the wife over garage space) So yeah, if your in the area drop me a line.
Plan your work, work your plan.
www.measurementandmachine.com
Mike Walsh

Re: South Bend Live steam?

Post by Mike Walsh »

Illinois Live Steamers is on the other side of Chicago. Definitely worth joining up - nice track!
pat1027

Post by pat1027 »

Yes there are. Mike mentions the Illinois Live Steamers. They are maybe two hours away. Good bunch with a nice track. Other places to meet people . Closer to home is The LaPorte County Steam Historical Society (aka Hesston) https://hesston.org/ Bill Pepper is down near Huntington IN with the nice track. He's got meets this September and October. Two hours northeast is the Mid Michigan Railroad Club. https://www.midmichrr.com/ Your about two hours from The White Creek Railroad in Cedar Springs MI.
theg8nw

Post by theg8nw »

Thanks Pat, great info. I knew about Hesston and have been there before. I was really hoping there was someone in the neighborhood to meet up with and share work and ideas with. But it just seems that every time I move the nearest live steam person is over 100 miles away. Kind of funny really, I know we are out there, but boy we are sure good at hiding. Oh well I'll keep looking.
Plan your work, work your plan.
www.measurementandmachine.com
GO&PRR

Post by GO&PRR »

Laughing! - My mentor, the late Norman Gracy, would comment why we were such good friends: It was because we lived 3 hours apart!
Best Steaming,
Ed Archer
Iron Horse Supply Corp.
www.ironhorsesupplycorp.com
ihsc775@gmail.com
ed.archer@ironhorsesupplycorp.com

Camelback #1173, 7-1/2" gauge, propane (a Leo M.'s build)
E6 #462 Atlantic (Saturated Steam), coal
3.2 scale 040 Vulcan 7-1/2 gauge, coal
12 ton 1936 040 Vulcan 2ft gauge, oil

"One with weak mind...Has strong legs"