Live steam locomotives

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

jeffsmith

Live steam locomotives

Post by jeffsmith »

Is Roger Goldmann still in business?????????????
Berkman

Re: Live steam locomotives

Post by Berkman »

Have you tried calling him?
jeffsmith

Post by jeffsmith »

He doesn't have a phone # on his web site. Do you have a # for him?
Thanks
Gary Bonine

Post by Gary Bonine »

I ordered some drawings around Nov. or Dec., 2019. His web site asks for $9.95 postage for orders less than $100 . My previous order to him had a postage fee of $14.95. With my 2019 order I applied that amount to my order which brought my order up to $99.00. I did this to support him because of his value to our hobby with these drawings. There has been nothing but silence since; I'm out $99.00 and no drawings. I would much rather have the drawings than the money back; I have the cancelled check in our records. As best I have been able to conclude, there is no way to contact him by phone.
Sometime last year I was in contact someone who led me to Jack Bodenman who in turn had me call someone at "RMI Railworks" ( I may be wrong about this contact ) who knew about Roger. The person I talked with said they weren't at liberty to say anything about Roger except he was ( is ? ) involved with a serious health issue.
If Roger is in really bad shape you would think there would be some kind of a note on his web site, instead there is nothing but silence. I just hope these drawings are not lost to any indifference of those who are near to Roger. If he is seriously ill someone should let us know the status of everything.

I hope somebody has some luck with this, I have been trying for three years.

Gary Bonine
Berkman

Post by Berkman »

no idea if it works but: 805-525-7680

Let us know how it goes....
RR Ty

Post by RR Ty »

I talked to Roger a couple weeks ago as I have been long waiting on some drawings from him. I do not have any realistic timeline for when I can expect my order. I do know that his health has not been the best as of recently. The computer that he uses for most of the business has had some issues that are yet to be fixed.

I truly do wish the best for Roger and hope he has an upswing in his health. However, it is disappointing that what could be a great business within the hobby is failing to provide good service to its customers.
Chris Hollands

Post by Chris Hollands »

Take your life in your own hands dealing with Roger sorry to say - he use to be very reliable .

Do not send any money you more than likely will not get anything in return - to many horror story's over the last few years starting to mount up .

It really bugs me about this sort of thing - its pretty simple if you cant supply - SAY SO regardless of issues your having in life - and people will move on - but in Rogers case he still seems to take your money with no intensions of suppling what you payed for . ( is that fraud ?)
Berkman

Post by Berkman »

Agree, I absolutely wish him the best, but it's just not right to take money and not deliver.

In most industries there would be zero tolerance for this, with almost any real profession.

I've heard the computer issue now for a couple of years. A super basic desktop is going to run $200 or so. Pretty low cost of entry to be back in the game, if that is indeed the problem. He must still be paying his web hosting to keep the website active, so then must in some way have access to email of some kind.

Hopefully his health and the situation improves. He offers a lot of drawings and many nice locomotive parts. Maybe someone else will come in and scoop up his offering. Hate to see his line of products disappear like Klamath, and others.

Did you make contact Jeff?
Berkman

Post by Berkman »

Curious if you ever got parts from him etc?
tetramachine

Post by tetramachine »

I also sent money, in april. nothing yet.
My wheels don't slow me down
Berkman

Post by Berkman »

I was able to get him on the phone a while back,but felt uncomfortable sending money for some castings reading so many comments about it. But would really like to get some parts from him if I've heard that he's actually delivering to others.
tetramachine

Post by tetramachine »

I had sent money in April, no drawings no response, in june filed with PayPal, for no delivery of order, last week PP refunded my money.
My wheels don't slow me down