NJLS 1983

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Steam Engine Dan

Re: NJLS 1983

Post by Steam Engine Dan »

NP317 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:52 pm Beautiful locomotive!
It deserves to be available as a project with drawings and castings.
I'm a Ten Wheeler fan...
RussN
well russ you can always try the CNJ historical society about getting drawings, im sure they have them in their archives. it's worth a shot.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Steam Engine Dan:
There is no chance that I will take on another project.
At this point in my life I keep turning down opportunities to take on more than I already have on my list. Even turning down paying jobs.
But thanks for the suggested resource.
RussN
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

Hi All
Yes I built three of them complete and the forth I did the drivers cylinders and boiler for all four. The 785 completed by Hugh. These locomotives are very powerful. I was able to pull 50 cars with one engine 774. Often you could see Ralph DeStephinis and me double heading. The bark was fabulously loud. I was able to obtain the original blue prints. I made all the patterns and had the castings made. Machined all the parts and built the boilers.
All of these photos were take by Don Wood for use in live steam magazine. Don can be seen in some of the pictures running our Jim Maxhemer Atlantic and the 774. I had commission Don to photograph the 1361 but unfortunately he passed on.
I have some of these shots but never got to all of them the one of me on 774 buy the tower I have a 24 x 18 picture of it Dan gave me years ago. The last I saw of him is when he came to the shop to photograph the 3 inch Hudson we built that was 1997.
ALLWAYS OPERATING MY TRAIN IN A SAFE MANNER USING AUTOMATIC AIR BRAKES
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Dave, it's great to hear from you! Thanks for chiming in on these beautiful ten-wheelers.

Dick
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."