7 1/2" gauge NYC&HR American loco from Reeves

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

skyloop440

7 1/2" gauge NYC&HR American loco from Reeves

Post by skyloop440 »

Has anyone here built or own a 7 1/2" gauge NYC&HR American loco from reeves, it was designed in 1969, i have a full set of castings but have never seen one. There are several things that i don't think would be done today but it would be nice to talk to someone that has run one.
Matt
gwrdriver

Re: 7 1/2" gauge NYC&HR American loco from Reeves

Post by gwrdriver »

Matt,
I've never heard of one on this side of the pond. That doesn't mean there isn't one, but they would be very rare, considering there are domestic American designs on the US market.
You might try contacting Reeves2000 to refer you to anyone in the USA who might have ordered castings or has one under construction.
GWRdriver
Nashville TN
skyloop440

Post by skyloop440 »

I never gave that any thought, i think all email them right now.

Thanks
Matt
ianjkirby

Post by ianjkirby »

Hi Matt, I drove one several years ago at Castledare Miniature Railway in Perth, Western Australia, and I totally enjoyed the experience. It was built by a friend there, who graciously allowed me (a visitor from the east coast) to take control for a while. It would be my first choice for a 7+" loco (I am fully committed to 5"g for the moment). What are the things you consider "that might not be done today"? Just curious!

Regards.
ianjkirby

Post by ianjkirby »

ps - if you really choose not to proceed with it, and you wish to sell the castings, please let me know! I might be interested in discussing it with you.
Regards, Ian K.
skyloop440

Post by skyloop440 »

Thanks for the info, I don't plan on selling them but building it, i had the frame water jet cut and redesigned the front truck mount. The original design is something you would find on an electric train more so than a model of the real thing so i change it to a yoke and link. All the wheels were sprung with coil springs and i was going to change this to leaf springs but might reconsider that. I would like to equalize the drivers instead of a dummy set up. I like the overall look of it and it will be different.
Matt