Brass case 0-15 PSI Gauge wanted

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Emfinger

Re: Brass case 0-15 PSI Gauge wanted

Post by Emfinger »

NP317 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:39 pm Emfinger:
What pressure regulator and linear valve did you use?
I wish to install the same in the atomizer line on my steamboat boiler.
RussN
Russ N: https://clippard.com/part/MAR-1P-2

OK there is a problem with the 10-32 output size. Otherwise it seems to work well. I cut the knob off and Silver Soldered a 6 spoke handle to match the valves. I took the regulator a part then drilled the output hole to 1/4", milled the area large enough to solder on a 1/4" tubing compression fitting. If you buy one you need to contact me, because there is more you need to know. The valve came with a bunch of stuff so ??? It had a large knob that I replaced with another 6 spoke. I'll try to post a picture. No compression fitting on this one direct connect to the valve.
Tom
Attachments
Atomizer control.JPG
Last edited by Emfinger on Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hoppercar

Post by hoppercar »

Brass gauges are rare in this age of plastic.....your better off to get a steam rated gauge, remove it from it's plastic housing, and make your own brass case.,I have done this many times
Emfinger

Post by Emfinger »

Making a brass case is not in my roundhouse. I have found lots of brass case gauges..just not 0-15 PSI now I want a 0-10 PSI.
If I find a 1/2" face size 0-10 PSI gauge I would use it.
Emfinger

Post by Emfinger »

ChuckHackett-844 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:17 pm If you are by chance measuring propane burner pressure: Since low pressure gauges tend to be expensive I place a needle valve between the gauge (25 psi) and the burner and close the needle valve until I have a usable reading (11-12 psi) when the burner is at full usable fire. I really don't care what the pressure is at the burner itself, just a relative reading.
Sorry but that won't work!