fun

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Steam Engine Dan

Re: fun

Post by Steam Engine Dan »

JBodenmann wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:10 pm Hello My Friends
The history of Dan's Hudson has been very interesting. I wish I knew the history of my Hudson chassis. It would be cool to know who started it. Whoever built it did a fine job of it. That Dan's engine goes back to 1935 is something to think about. Her big sister 5344 was probably pulling the 20'th century Limited during this time. You could go down to the station at train time and measure the real thing! When 3/4" was the BIG scale, the New York Central Hudson was the penultimate live steamer. I really enjoy watching video from those early days. B & A tankers, and Hudsons...too cool!
Jack
thanks jack :D
Steam Engine Dan

one_inch_railroad wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:15 pm Dan,

Did your father build that engine? It sure is beautiful.
no, it was built by a friend of ours for my father and thank you. it really is a great engine
Steam Engine Dan

the real 5344 on her maiden run in December 1934, as the commodore. live on site sound. "turn up your speakers"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eIOtj7V060
elm53

Post by elm53 »

You missed your calling Steve! Should have been a comedian!!! I forgot I posted that, and will look in the timetable today to see of its still in service! Hope you are all doing ok . This covid crap doesn't seem to have an end.