Nathan 1918A's are in Production

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

AnthonyDuarte

Nathan 1918A's are in Production

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Hi all,

The 1918A injectors are finally in production. I've located a new foundry that cast some stunning samples for me, so I'm moving forward full bore with the 1918A's and also getting replacements made for the 2.5" Monitor injectors. This is also good news for those waiting for the Westinghouse XCompound castings. I still need some time to save up the capital for the pump castings, but I plan to have the kits available before the end of this year.

The 1918A's have undergone a number of design changes, most of which were informed by my experiences with the Monitor injectors. The body and cores have been completely redesigned and retooled, and the injector will feature built-in removable/cleanable filters on both the steam and water inlets. The water valve in the injector will also be functional. The nozzles, like everything else moving forward, will be made from 316 stainless steel. With the current list of interested customers, there are still unclaimed injectors in the batch.

I hope to have the Monitors all finished up by the end of this month. Depending on casting turn around it may be the first half of November.
1918A's I expect to have by end of November. After that I'll be focusing on getting the Nathan 4000C into production.

1918A's can be pre-ordered now through the EE website. It's entirely optional. You can also just let me know if you're interested and I'll contact you when they're ready to ship. https://www.eccentricengineer.com/scale ... than-1918a

As these projects get wrapped up, it's time to start thinking about the next slate of products from EE.

Anthony
Asteamhead

Re: Nathan 1918A's are in Production

Post by Asteamhead »

Hello Anthony,
Good to read your news regarding those superb injectors!
Looking forward to those Nathan 4000s, too 8) . Despite they will looking slightly oversized at my class A of scale 1 in 10, I think about having one.
Carry on!
Asteamheaad
SF2900

Post by SF2900 »

Would you be willing to share the name of the foundry that you are using?
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Anthony:
I remain in awe of the products you are designing and producing!
Thank you for your remarkable investment in our Live Steam Hobby.
RussN