How to get a hold of the owner of Tom Bee?

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Harold_V

Re: How to get a hold of the owner of Tom Bee?

Post by Harold_V »

BigDumbDinosaur wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:27 pm Could the problems in your area be somehow related to the lawlessness that taken hold of areas of Washington?[/color]
Can't speak for rkcarguy, as I live about 100 miles south of him, but I can address the situation locally. Bank lobbies, here, appear to be closed. I know my primary bank is, and it's a part of a large chain. Credit unions, too, are closed to lobby traffic. We are not experiencing any social disorder.

The covid virus had an ugly start in Washington, with a large number of deaths. We've seen, first hand, the cost of ignoring social distancing and other recommended safety functions (like wearing a mask). I suspect that our situation, here, is due to a more vigilant approach to dealing with the virus. We still have a large number of folks who think it's not real.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

"...the lawlessness that taken hold in areas of Washington?"

I assume you are referring to Washington D.C.
RussN
rkcarguy

Post by rkcarguy »

BigDumbDinosaur wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:27 pm
rkcarguy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:18 pmCovid-19 has or had a lot of post offices closed. I was able to request a pickup of USPS priority packages but it took a couple days for them to come get them.
My bank's lobbies have been closed, only drive throughs open. As a result, the drive through wait has exceeded 90 minutes during lunch and after work so I only go to the bank when I really have to.
Strange. Post offices around here are open and there is no trouble with getting packages accepted. Our local bank has lobby hours and only asks that you mask up before entering.

Could the problems in your area be somehow related to the lawlessness that taken hold of areas of Washington?
Alot of it is due to Kim Jong Inslee, sounds like our bank is going to finally open its lobbies later this month.
The post office is now open to those in masks and we all have to be 6' apart. The post office has been dealing with holiday-like volume every day since Covid-19 happened and so many more people are having things shipped and ordering from home, so delays in shipping are notable.

Thankfully I'm a couple hours outside of the areas of lawlessness, it's ridiculous to say the least!
Comstock-Friend

Post by Comstock-Friend »

I'm the secretary of a RR historical society. I try to get to the PO every week. The trip to the BofA to deposit checks (this is Los Angeles!) can result in a 90 minute wait outside under a shelter; when I suggested if they had as many tellers as they had line monitors I got a frown... I keep about 10 copies each of all of our Journal back issues. These do go out within a day or two of me receiving the order and check (no check I've ever received has failed to clear). I then email the person with the USPS tracker number. Seems to work a charm unless the delivering mailman keeps his loosely capped water bottle in his mail pouch!
Terry Damage 1small.jpg
John
Benjamin Maggi

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

I had a question about some Tom Bee couplers I had. I called the number on the website, and within seconds was talking with Marcel directly. Not sure what the issue is with getting ahold of him.
"One cannot learn to swim without getting his feet wet." - Benjamin Maggi
- Building: 7.25" gauge "Sweet Pea" named "Catherine"