How to get a hold of the owner of Tom Bee?

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Ken Schroeder

How to get a hold of the owner of Tom Bee?

Post by Ken Schroeder »

I placed a order for brake valves 3 weeks ago and my credit card was charged at that time. I have been trying to get a hold of the owner for the past week with no return call to my messages to find out when I can expect the valves. Anybody know what is going on?

Ken
VGC

Re: How to get a hold of the owner of Tom Bee?

Post by VGC »

Have you noticed they have a new phone number? (Perhaps also mail address?)
They tell that on their FB page:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... %2As%2As-R

If this link does not work for you, their main FB page is
https://m.facebook.com/tombeeonline/
Online program for valve gear design:

ValveGear Constructor [EN]

With automatic pre-optimization, DXF export, etc.
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

VGC wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:14 pm Have you noticed they have a new phone number? (Perhaps also mail address?)
They tell that on their FB page:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... %2As%2As-R

If this link does not work for you, their main FB page is
https://m.facebook.com/tombeeonline/

Facebook is mostly useless if one is not signed up with them. That is not a good way to advertise.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
Ken Schroeder

Post by Ken Schroeder »

That is the number I have been using but no call back.
Pontiacguy1

Post by Pontiacguy1 »

I ordered a pair of couplers about 3 weeks ago. I got a note a couple of days ago saying they had shipped.
hoppercar

Post by hoppercar »

Same here....no answer to emails ??
ccvstmr

Post by ccvstmr »

Ken (and others),

In case you weren't aware, Tom Bee sold his business entirely to the folks at TomBeeOnline. Tom's name is still used because it's recognized in the hobby and I believe...to keep other people from trying to copy his work and sell knock-offs.

If you try to contact Tom directly about this former product line, he'll simply refer you to the folks at TomBeeOnline. According to the new website, contact info is as follows: Questions? tombeeonline@gmail.com, phone: (888) 288-5716. Hope that helps. Carl B.
Life is like a sewer...what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!
I don't walk on water...I just learned where some of the stepping stones are!
I love mankind...it's some of the people I can't stand!
Ken Schroeder

Post by Ken Schroeder »

As an update I received a call today from Marcel, the owner of TomBee saying he had been busy and that he was sending out my parts today. I appreciate the call but only wish that I had received a call earlier rather than having to use this forum to get someones attention.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Ken Schroeder wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:04 pm As an update I received a call today from Marcel, the owner of TomBee saying he had been busy and that he was sending out my parts today. I appreciate the call but only wish that I had received a call earlier rather than having to use this forum to get someones attention.
I am at a loss to understand how any supplier can't see the value in good communication. All too many appear to think that if they accept your money, they are not obligated to advise you of delays. They deserve to lose business.

Just sayin' !

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Just as a modifying thought:
These are extraordinary times of high stress that might effect how people react.
So I am inclined to give some room to people these days, while totally agreeing with Harold's comments about Customer Service.
I provided Customer Service for emergency services for several years, and I know how quality communications provide benefits.
Y'all stay safe.
Russ
rkcarguy

Post by rkcarguy »

Having shipped a few things this summer, I can say:

Covid-19 has or had a lot of post offices closed. I was able to request a pickup of USPS priority packages but it took a couple days for them to come get them.
My bank's lobbies have been closed, only drive throughs open. As a result, the drive through wait has exceeded 90 minutes during lunch and after work so I only go to the bank when I really have to.
That said, it isn't that hard to let your customers know there is delays.
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

rkcarguy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:18 pmCovid-19 has or had a lot of post offices closed. I was able to request a pickup of USPS priority packages but it took a couple days for them to come get them.
My bank's lobbies have been closed, only drive throughs open. As a result, the drive through wait has exceeded 90 minutes during lunch and after work so I only go to the bank when I really have to.
Strange. Post offices around here are open and there is no trouble with getting packages accepted. Our local bank has lobby hours and only asks that you mask up before entering.

Could the problems in your area be somehow related to the lawlessness that taken hold of areas of Washington?
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D