ASR Major Corporate Sponsorship Announcement

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Rob Gardner

ASR Major Corporate Sponsorship Announcement

Post by Rob Gardner »

See link below for an announcement of a major corporate sponsorship donation that gets us over the top in the sponsorship of the machining and forging of the staybolts! Many thanks to United Shortline Insurance Company for your continued support of the 2100 restoration!

https://www.fireup2100.org/news/

We are going back to work on May 16th with our first post-COVID work session. If you would like to stop by the roundhouse on W.3rd St in Cleveland, let me know, and I'll make sure we are ready for you. All we ask is that you wear a mask when inside the roundhouse and are within 6' or less of other volunteers.

Sincerely,

Rob Gardner
ASR VP and 2100 Project Manager
LIALLEGHENY

Re: ASR Major Corporate Sponsorship Announcement

Post by LIALLEGHENY »

" All we ask is that you wear a mask when inside the roundhouse and are within 6' or less of other volunteers." Rob, so if there is no one else in the roundhouse or your 6'3" away from a volunteer you don't need a mask?? You need to change your wording/policy a little bit to protect everyone.....mask required in the roundhouse, period, or no admittance. I hate the masks as much as the next person, but everyone needs to do their part.
Rob Gardner

Re: ASR Major Corporate Sponsorship Announcement

Post by Rob Gardner »

Nyle,

I certainly understand your concern with the wording. In practice, even at a local chemical refinery that my employer and I have worked in over the past few weeks, even their policy allows that if you can maintain 6' or more distancing from other workers, you don't HAVE to wear a mask. As far as ASR is concerned, rest assured, we will always ere on the side of caution. Further, our work groups so far have been under 6 people each of the last two Saturdays. Thanks for the concern. Safety always comes first.

Rob