side rod lubricators?

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

jkimberln

Re: side rod lubricators?

Post by jkimberln »

PM research seems to have them as well.
Chris Hollands

Post by Chris Hollands »

I have used ball and springs taken out of grease nipples , machine the back off the thread and out pops the ball and spring .
This then used to make the lube point weather oil or grease and keep the dirt out .
You buy one of those needle grease adapters and away you go , push the ball off the seat and pump away .
My main crank pins use the same idea , machine the crank pin hollow and fill with felts stacked on each other , block one end and put the ball and spring retainer in place , pretty simple to make and use .
The photos show some of the items that I have made as well as a the finished assembled view .
pins 1.JPG
pins 2.JPG
pins 3.JPG
pins 4.JPG
Cary Stewart

Post by Cary Stewart »

Stuart-Turner has always had similar brass oil cups for sale in several sizes. If I remember correctly they use ME threads. Do a Google and find the new owners, the foundry that has made the castings for years.
Cary
Kimball McGinley

Post by Kimball McGinley »

PM Research lists open oil cups in 2-56 and 5-40 thread for about $3 and closed grease cups in 5-40, 8-32, and 10-32 for about $5 I have not bought any, just looking at their catalog.