NJLS Fall Meet

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

JohnHudak

Re: NJLS Fall Meet

Post by JohnHudak »

Looks like great weather for the meet, can’t wait to get there..!
John
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

Beautiful day today, Hope U are having a great time. :D :D :D :D :D :D
steamer
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

REPORT! How did it go ? Pictures, Video, Nice weather, that`s for sure. :D :D :D :D :D
steamer
Steve Goodbody

Post by Steve Goodbody »

I made it there on Saturday and it was a perfect day - great people, immaculate facilities and perfect weather.
Congratulations and thanks to the organizers and all those who worked hard so that we could enjoy ourselves.
Best regards
Steve
JohnHudak

Post by JohnHudak »

It was a great meet at a great club, and I ran into a lot of friends there that I haven't seen in ages.. The 3/4" F's stretched their legs on a really nice highline, that had very little traffic. We arrived Saturday morning and left around 4 PM, as we were headed to Strasburg to see 611 on Sunday. It looks like I'm going to make NJLS one of my yearly trips from now on.. Time to finish the 3/4" B&O Docksider! Thanks again to all who made us feel welcome, and while we missed the dinner on Saturday, the burgers and dogs at lunch were amazing...
Last edited by JohnHudak on Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steam Engine Dan

Post by Steam Engine Dan »

steamingdon wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:45 am REPORT! How did it go ? Pictures, Video, Nice weather, that`s for sure. :D :D :D :D :D
Hey Don, the meet went very well. very good attendance, lots of trains out and we just had a blast. dad and I ran the Hudson for 9 hours straight. attached is a picture of me taking a power nap from just 6 hours let alone 9. luckily the shop has AC so it was nice n cool inside. :D
Attachments
IMG_3674.jpg
amadlinger

Post by amadlinger »

Here's something you don't see very often, a steam/diesel tripleheader in 1.5" scale! That's Dan's Hudson triple heading with my F's on Saturday of the meet. And yes, the F's were being controlled from the cab of the Hudson, made possible by the R/C control system I recently installed on the F's.

What will we think up next?!
Hudson1.jpg
Hudson2.jpg
Steam Engine Dan

amadlinger wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:48 am Here's something you don't see very often, a steam/diesel tripleheader in 1.5" scale! That's Dan's Hudson triple heading with my F's on Saturday of the meet. And yes, the F's were being controlled from the cab of the Hudson, made possible by the R/C control system I recently installed on the F's.

Hudson1.jpg

Hudson2.jpg

sweet pictures adam, too bad I was asleep for that. oh well, but I told dad. even in my sleep I could you hear you guys blowing the CB&Q 5 chime loud and proud.
Marty_Knox

Post by Marty_Knox »

amadlinger wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:48 am Here's something you don't see very often, a steam/diesel tripleheader in 1.5" scale! That's Dan's Hudson triple heading with my F's on Saturday of the meet. And yes, the F's were being controlled from the cab of the Hudson, made possible by the R/C control system I recently installed on the F's.

Hudson1.jpg

Hudson2.jpg
Adam, that is not a triple-header. Two units operating from a single control are considered a single locomotive.
Marty_Knox

Post by Marty_Knox »

Some pictures from the meet.
I didn't get this guy's name, but this sure looks like Ken Stemen's old Pacific.
IMG_4287.JPG
Andy Pullen, Paul Pickard, Dawnna Hudak, unknown, and my Atlantic.
IMG_4293.JPG
Glenn Papp and Liz Leggett
IMG_4296.JPG
Sandiapaul

Post by Sandiapaul »

Love that Garratt! Thanks for the pics Marty!
Steam Engine Dan

Marty_Knox wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:00 am Some pictures from the meet.
I didn't get this guy's name, but this sure looks like Ken Stemen's old Pacific.
IMG_4287.JPG
Andy Pullen, Paul Pickard, Dawnna Hudak, unknown, and my Atlantic.IMG_4293.JPG
Glenn Papp and Liz Leggett
IMG_4296.JPG
Hi Marty, Ken Stamen's pacific belongs to NJLS member Jeff Koenig. from what he's told me it was owned by ken and then ken eventually sold it. wayne godschall got it and rebuilt it and put it up for sale. jeff found out about it and bought it. I loaned jeff a VHS tape called Railroading In The Land Of Giants, Power And Superpower. over an hour of coal fired steam action on three different tracks, The Deerfield & Roundabout, The Pittsburg, Akron & Western and The Michigan Central. Ken's Pacific was the star of the tape as ken put on the best smoke show. he was definitely burning a photographer's blend. the tape was made by live steam enthusiast, Steve Booth. Steve has made several documentaries on the hobby focusing on pure steam action and timetable operations. the last one he made before passing away was called Steam At The Crossroads in 2010. I have all of his videos. 3 VHS tapes and 2 DVD's. sadly I have no tech skills to convert/upload them onto the computer. but yup that pacific is Ken Stamen's