Miniature Locomotive Outtakes

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Dick_Morris

Re: Miniature Locomotive Outtakes

Post by Dick_Morris »

This video isn't on you tube any more. But it's here. https://digital.tcl.sc.edu/digital/coll ... 5823/rec/6
I came across the site and and thought if looked familiar.
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

We (the CALS) were asked by Baltimore city to set up on a sidewalk a couple of times in the early 1980s. We were trying to get access to build a club track in Carroll Park at the time. Didn’t work out, but we were offered a location in Leakin Park a year or so later.
I remember running my brother’s Tich for hours pulling the local kids.
Andy Pullen
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.
B&OBob

Post by B&OBob »

Thank you so much, Dick, for locating and re-posting the former YouTube video.

Referring briefly to previous comments about Now vs. Then, another striking difference noted from those earlier days is the engineer's bare hands! I am from the wonderful era of that video, and we never wore gloves then - a policy that seems completely reversed today. Maybe we were just igorant, or perhaps we knew how to take care of ourselves around steam.

Anyway, the video is a reminder that you don't need miles of track on an elabnorate layout to have shear enjoyment with live steam!

B&OBob