engine

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

khaldrogo

engine

Post by khaldrogo »

Seems like someone in town we know has ordered one of the 3 HP 2 cylinder versions. His life has changed in pace since then and he no longer wants it. So he gave it to my neighbor, which will come any day now. It is heavy enough steel to be considerably over-engineered for a welded boiler. There is a section of 16 "diameter and half inch thick light steel pipe. Half inch steel sheet for pipe panels and 25" or 2 "sch 40 steel pipe for pipes. into making my own custom steam engine because I have everything I need to do, but it's an additional hobby I haven't been able to find time with.
Harold_V

Re: engine

Post by Harold_V »

Hmmm.
I read your post and did my very best to make sense of what you're saying, but, sadly, I was not successful. Could you please be a little more descriptive, so readers can better understand what you're trying to say? For starters, 3 HP 2 cylinder version of what? "engine" is simply too vague to have any meaning.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Thanks, Harold. My reaction too.
RussN
gwrdriver

Post by gwrdriver »

I can make out the materials, "pipe panels" would be the heads, but based upon the proportions of the boiler materials my guess would be it's a 3hp-2cyl vertical marine engine.
GWRdriver
Nashville TN
Steamer Al

Post by Steamer Al »

Maybe post a picture or two?
ChipsAhoy

Post by ChipsAhoy »

I read:
16" dia boiler with 1/2" wall thickness. Tube sheets are 1/2" thick. Now it gets a little more muddled. The tubes are either 2"dia 25" long sch 40, Or there are 25 ea. 2" dia schd 40.
My guess is this post was intended to be a submitted reply in another thread.
I wish all members were required to enter some kind of location as a prequisite to joining.... even just a continent would help.
Scotty