Arborway, T.T. and NW Closed

Discuss park gauge trains and large scale miniature railways having track gauges from 8" to 24" gauge and designed at scales of 2" to the foot or greater - whether modeled for personal use, or purpose built for amusement park operation or private railroading.

Moderators: Glenn Brooks, Harold_V

Forum rules
Topics may include: antique park gauge train restoration, preservation, and history; building new grand scale equipment from scratch; large scale miniature railway construction, maintenance, and safe operation; fallen flags; track, gauge, and equipment standards; grand scale vendor offerings; and, compiling an on-line motive power roster.
RussellCofIdaho

Re: Arborway, T.T. and NW Closed

Post by RussellCofIdaho »

holtSteamer wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:44 pm Check out https://woodsvalleyfarm.com/ for more information.
Wow, that IS a spectacular place!

No, I will not be asking the price but I will continue working on a national railway preservation society with an endowment to purchase and preserve such things.

As I said on a post on another forum 'what's $1000 between 10,000 friends? A $10,000,000 plan!'
Russell Courtenay
Idaho - USA
unknownidaho.wordpress.com
Big trains and big dreams...
Mike Walsh

Post by Mike Walsh »

RussellCofIdaho wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:11 pm
holtSteamer wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:44 pm Check out https://woodsvalleyfarm.com/ for more information.

No, I will not be asking the price but I will continue working on a national railway preservation society with an endowment to purchase and preserve such things.

As I said on a post on another forum 'what's $1000 between 10,000 friends? A $10,000,000 plan!'
And a whole lot of guys trying to run the show....
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Mike Walsh wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:01 am

Heh!
Shades of my 1½ years of working for United Precision, a machine shop (now defunct) in Utah. Nine guys started the business so you answered to nine different people, each pulling in their own direction. Worked like a pig on stilts.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
RussellCofIdaho

Post by RussellCofIdaho »

Harold_V wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:12 pm
Mike Walsh wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:01 am

Heh!
Shades of my 1½ years of working for United Precision, a machine shop (now defunct) in Utah. Nine guys started the business so you answered to nine different people, each pulling in their own direction. Worked like a pig on stilts.

H
Professional corporations don't work that way, they have elected officers with defined responsibilities, shareholders with voting privileges and clients and or customers who choose to use that company. If everything is not specified from day to day operating responsibilities to 'exit strategy': when you close the doors, it is doomed to failure. Even cooperatives do this.

I'm sorry, anyone who doesn't run a company in a responsible fashion should be removed from any position of responsibility.
Russell Courtenay
Idaho - USA
unknownidaho.wordpress.com
Big trains and big dreams...
mspetersen

Post by mspetersen »

Well the price is listed at $12.5 Million, so I guess I need to dig a little deeper in the seat cushions for some more loose change. https://www.landleader.com/property-sea ... O&combine=
Mark Petersen

12" x 36" Logan Lathe
SCBryan

Post by SCBryan »

Is there any update on this?
Mike Walsh

Post by Mike Walsh »

Property has been purchased by an individual who has no interest in the railroad.

Assets of the railroad are up for sale. Locomotives, rolling stock, signals, track (rail and ties), etc.

PM if you are in search of contact information for those responsible for the sale.
mspetersen

Post by mspetersen »

So sad. All the money, effort & infrastructure work that was done to create that railroad for maybe 15 years? Hope the equipment goes to good homes, but it will probably be scattered across the country. Likely to never see anything like it again.
Mark Petersen

12" x 36" Logan Lathe
Kimball McGinley

Post by Kimball McGinley »

Just like Seymour Johnson's 15" RR in the foothills above Santa Barbara CA.