Suggestions in and around Nashville?

In this forum, users are encouraged to share great places to see in their area. Please be sure to list Name of the venue, City & State, Operating hours, a review and a web link if possible. The intent is so that those planning a trip or visiting your area might be interested in visiting! Pictures of the venue are also welcome.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

rmd

Suggestions in and around Nashville?

Post by rmd »

I'm going to have a couple of days free in the Nashville area next month while my wife attends a conference. Any suggestions for interesting places to visit during the day or good music venues in the evening would be appreciated. Thanks.
redneckalbertan

Re: Suggestions in and around Nashville?

Post by redneckalbertan »

Jack Daniels in Lynchburg, a little ways South of Nashville. Been through their free tour twice, the first time I didn't know they had a tasting tour, down there with a buddy and could have gone on it, second time around was with the Wife and kids and couldn't go on the tasting tour, no minors allowed on that one.

I enjoyed the Charlie Daniels museum just off the strip. The little Honkey Tonks on the strip are were busy the couple nights I was down there for. Country Music Hall of fame, if you like country, was neat, when I went through it 7ish years ago they had an exhibit on Elvis that caught my attention. I don't know if they rotate exhibits or if they are permanent.

I wasn't able to do anything train related when I was in and around Nashville, I had a couple other stops booked during that trip in Virginia and Pennsylvania and I was limiting my train time so as to not upset my Wife.
SteveM

Re: Suggestions in and around Nashville?

Post by SteveM »

Gruhn's Guitars.

Does Gibson have a factory tour?

Steve