Sweet Wiliam build

Where users can chronicle their builds. Start one thread and continue to add on to it.

Moderator: Harold_V

Benjamin Maggi

Re: Sweet Wiliam build

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

Anything new? It has been nearly 4 years.
"One cannot learn to swim without getting his feet wet." - Benjamin Maggi
- Building: 7.25" gauge "Sweet Pea" named "Catherine"
Builder01

Post by Builder01 »

Hi Ben,

Interesting, our friend h2ogasnz, also known as Jeffery, has visited the forum today at some point (Aug 22, 2018). Maybe he has missed your question some how. In any case, his build thread has remained silent for several years. Is he okay?

David
h2ogasnz

Post by h2ogasnz »

Hi All,

Yep I'm Ok, I haven't done much on the Sweet William for a few years as life and a young family have got in the way... I have a good friend who is working on my Cylinders & a few other bits for me and he may post an update on my behalf. Hopefully around Christmas time I well be starting back in to the build again.

Jeffrey
Builder01

Post by Builder01 »

There you go Ben, Jeff is alive and kicking. This is good to know. Sounds like for Jeff, this is not the right time to be building a steam locomotive. Perhaps sometime later in life. Good luck Jeff with your young family and life!

David
Benjamin Maggi

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

Sounds good.
K. Browers

Post by K. Browers »

Hello Friends,
I am the one doing parts or Jeffrey's Sweet William. Like everyone else life does sometimes get in the way of what is really important and we do not always get a lot of time for our hobbies :wink: . We have needed to make castings for some of the parts and that includes a new wheel. Jeffrey wanted something a little different from the plans so I whipped up this pattern. Hopefully I can get it mounted on its match plate and it will go to the foundry soon along with other parts needed..
Happy modeling everyone.
Attachments
New wheel front and back.jpg
New wheel front and back.jpg (24.89 KiB) Viewed 19579 times
Benjamin Maggi

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

Cool!
Builder01

Post by Builder01 »

Very nice work! Ben, you should get 4 of those wheels!

David
h2ogasnz

Post by h2ogasnz »

Hi All,

Here's a photo of how the Sweet William is now, it's been sitting on the bench under the window for around a year, I'll have to have a major clean up and find the build bench from under all the stuff my wife has "stored" in the garage/shed...

Karel is busy with his own things but as you can see by his post he is slowly working on the wheels & cylinders for me, I'm going over to see family for a few weeks in a months time and will meet up with Karel then (we're in two different counties which are about 15 hours flying apart, about 22 hours travel time) and will hopefully be bringing some of the castings back with me when we return home.
SW 25th Aug 2018.jpg
Jeffrey
Benjamin Maggi

Post by Benjamin Maggi »

Builder01 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:02 pm Ben, you should get 4 of those wheels!
I actually wanted the solid, industrial style wheel without spokes. I looked at spoked wheels but the prototypes I saw didn't have them. They are nice though.
Builder01

Post by Builder01 »

That is why I have built a freelance design. No prototype constraints. Just get it done.

David
K. Browers

Post by K. Browers »

Hi Benjamin,
I wonder what the shipping would be? I am doing a bit larger ones for myself in the industrial style. Drawing one up and cutting it on my router is no problem and unlike in the states foundry access is not difficult. Except for the traffic. :D .. Here is a photo with mine fresh off the router along with Jeffrey's. I hope to do a build series when it is a little further developed still cadding away. :wink: .
Happy building
Karel
Attachments
IMG_20180826_183757.jpg