Sweet Wiliam build

Where users can chronicle their builds. Start one thread and continue to add on to it.

Moderator: Harold_V

h2ogasnz

Re: Sweet Wiliam build

Post by h2ogasnz »

Hi All,

Been a super long time since I posted here, due to life/family/work etc all getting in the way I haven't done any work on my Sweet William in something like 5 or 6 years.... So over the last 5 or 6 years I've been building slowly a 7 1/4" gauge Tin Turtle (WW1 protected Simplex) which I have almost finished (LOL it was meant to be a "quick" build!) it just needs the roof finished and fitted, I've run it a few times and it had it's first passenger hauling run on New Years day and did very good.

Anyway a couple of weeks ago I managed to snap up another part built Sweet William (a 2-4-2 version) for the amazing price of $50NZD (about $40 USD) my plan is after I finish the Tin Turtle build is to use parts from the 2nd Sweet William to help my build along. So I should start having updates to the build in a few months time I hope!

Jeffrey
The Tin turtle, still in need of its roof.
The Tin turtle, still in need of its roof.
Attachments
My Sweet William build as of about 5 years ago when I last worked on it.
My Sweet William build as of about 5 years ago when I last worked on it.
A box of parts that came with the 2nd Sweet William, Sid rods, Cross heads, parts of the valve gear etc
A box of parts that came with the 2nd Sweet William, Sid rods, Cross heads, parts of the valve gear etc
A view of the 2nd Sweet William.
A view of the 2nd Sweet William.