MEG steam Wendy Reconstuction

Where users can chronicle their builds. Start one thread and continue to add on to it.

Moderator: Harold_V

rmac

Re: MEG steam Wendy Reconstuction

Post by rmac »

Matt wrote: My Pictures got messed up or deleted somehow, I was informed that I have been loading them wrong and they have to be corrected. I will try and load them differently to fix this, Sorry for the mishap.
Hi Matt,

No apologies needed ... the rotated pictures problem is more a function of the board software than anything you are doing. However nobody has ever been able to figure it out, so we have been forced to learn how to sort of work around it.

I sent you a PM a week or two ago with a link to some hints that might help. So did those hints make any sense? If you want to experiment, feel free to upload test pictures. And as I mentioned before, if you continue to have problems I can always continue to fix your pictures after the fact as I have been doing so far.

Thanks,

-- Russell Mac
skyloop440

Post by skyloop440 »

Hello Wendy fans:
Not much to report, got tied up with another project and my welder didn't get things welded up. I did get the wheel drawn up that I'm going to use and sent the .DXF file to the water jet place to get them cut out all attach the drawing. Thats it for now
Matt
Attachments
NEW DRIVER.PDF
Driver drawing
(5.9 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
NEW DRIVER PATTERN.PDF
Driver layout for water jet
(5.03 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
skyloop440

Post by skyloop440 »

Hi Wendy fans:
Sorry to say not much to report again. I did get the wheels from the water jet cutter, there should have been journal boxes as well, but they forgot to cut them.
Attachments
Wendy drive wheel blanks 1" thick steel
Wendy drive wheel blanks 1" thick steel
skyloop440

Post by skyloop440 »

Wendy photo corrected I hope.
Attachments
Wendy driver blanks 1" steel
Wendy driver blanks 1" steel
rmac

Post by rmac »

skyloop440 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:30 pm Wendy photo corrected I hope.
Yes!!! You did it. Thanks for taking the trouble to figure this out.
skyloop440

Post by skyloop440 »

Ya Windows paint does the trick Thanks for the info on that.
Matt
skyloop440

Post by skyloop440 »

Hi Wendy fans:
Picked up the journal box blanks today. With these and the wheels the lathe will be busy for awhile.
Matt
skyloop440

Post by skyloop440 »

Didn't attach picture.
Attachments
Journal box blanks 1" thick 3.065 square.
Journal box blanks 1" thick 3.065 square.
skyloop440

Post by skyloop440 »

Hi Wendy fans:
Made a little progress today, started on the journal box machining, the originals were built up from three pieces and riveted together. Nothing wrong with this approach but i decided to machine them from a solid block, so the first step is to bring them down to the outside diminsion and make sure there square. I managed to get three out of the four sides to done today and should get the fourth done tomorrow, then all layout the slots and start machining them in.
Thanks it for now
Matt
Attachments
JOURNAL BOX FIRST CUT .jpg
JOURNAL BOXES FIRST SIDE DONE.jpg
SECOND SIDE CUT.jpg
SECOND SIDES DONE.jpg
THIRD SIDES DONE.jpg
skyloop440

Post by skyloop440 »

Hi Wendt fans:
I got the fourth side of the journal boxes machined and looked at the plans for the next step to find out that they are two different sizes. (Color me stupid) Two of the are 2.750" tall instead of 3" so I machined them down and made two fronts and two rears. I then laid out the cuts for the notches in the sides and started to machine them in, I was able to get two of the four done and should be able to get the other two tomorrow. The plans show a notch across the top as well I believe to hold the rubber in, but the plans are not real clear on this so might have to investigate a bit more. Still waiting to get my frame back from the welder but when it gets back will have a lot of parts to put together. I guess that's it for now Hope you all had a good Memorial Day
Matt
Attachments
TWO FRONTS TO REARS
TWO FRONTS TO REARS
LAYING OUT THE CUTS
LAYING OUT THE CUTS
FIRST CUT ON SIDE NOTCH
FIRST CUT ON SIDE NOTCH
FIRST J.BOX DONE
FIRST J.BOX DONE
TWO DOWN TWO TO GO
TWO DOWN TWO TO GO
skyloop440

Post by skyloop440 »

Hello Wendy fans:
Well, I got the other two journal boxes machined to this point and I'm getting ready to machine the groove across the top. Is there someone who has a Wendy that can answer a question about this, it looks like the extra material was left on top to hold the rubber inside the journal opening and work like a shock absorber but the piece of rubber on the bottom looks to be left loose and can fall out or it is glued on, but the journal box can still move downward about a 1/2". That is where my question is. I hope one of you can help me out here, until then I'm going to hold off on cutting the groove in the top.
Thats it for now
Matt
Attachments
LAST CUT
LAST CUT
ALL FOUR FIT TO SLIDES
ALL FOUR FIT TO SLIDES
skyloop440

Post by skyloop440 »

Hi Wendy fans, after looking at some photos that were sent to me i figured out what i was missing, there is a piece of steel looks like 1/2" square stock attached to the pedestal binder strap and takes up the gap make since now.
Matt