East Broad Top Light Mikado #12

Where users can chronicle their builds. Start one thread and continue to add on to it.

Moderator: Harold_V

Amagosky

East Broad Top Light Mikado #12

Post by Amagosky »

Hi Everyone!

Awhile ago, I purchased a 1" scale Little Engines 0-4-0 from the 1970's and it has been a ton of fun to learn about steam. Now however, I find myself looking for something with a bit more power. I've been closely following the situation of the East Broad Top since the railroad was shuttered in 2011. The recent developments on the line have sparked my interest in modelling the eastern narrow gauge line and recently, I stumbled across a rough dimensional drawing on the internet for No. 12, affectionately known as "Millie" and have been scaling dimensions from full size down to 1.5" scale (4.75" gauge track).

Currently, I have not begun making chips on the project but I have begun basic drafting work on the locomotive design and dimensions as I attempt to surmise just how large this engine will be. I have also begun sourcing parts (will probably use Allen Models "Chloe" Cylinders) to build the engine and determining what available parts I will be able to use.

This is shaping up to be a fun and interesting project that I'm excited to share with all of you!

Until next time,

Andrew
1" scale 0-4-0
1" scale 2-10-2
ERIE S-1 BERKSHIRES

Re: East Broad Top Light Mikado #12

Post by ERIE S-1 BERKSHIRES »

That would be my favorite choice for a Mikado in 2.5"scale ! also would like to build M-1 The rail car after I finish my Plymouth locomotive and sp1 Little Giant build