1.5 inch scale bobber caboose build

Where users can chronicle their builds. Start one thread and continue to add on to it.

Moderator: Harold_V

UKlocoNut

Re: 1.5 inch scale bobber caboose build

Post by UKlocoNut »

Rob

Very nice work, I look forward to seeing it in person at PVLS.

Regards.

Keith Wood
MLS
10 Wheeler Rob

Post by 10 Wheeler Rob »

The lettering showed up for the road name for the caboose yesterday. Got them applied this morning.

Rob
Attachments
0329160925-640x360.jpg
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

You are a builder snob. It always looks the best when first outshopped. New shiny paint, and the white wheel trim is killer. I agree the color seems right in the pic.

I watched the series and have good thoughts for your build. But will it ever be done? Lol.
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
kenrinc

Post by kenrinc »

This was really nicely done. I'm working on one as well but I'm trying to get my head around the pedestal spring assemblies. From pictures I see it's pretty simple but how exactly do the springs themselves attach to the little hangers on the outside? I've see the typical pins but I'm not sure if the pins are actually holding the springs or if the pins are preventing the springs from going any further. Any help appreciated.

Ken-
10 Wheeler Rob

Post by 10 Wheeler Rob »

Got some brake wheel castings from Little Engines of NJ when I was in Florida. Made mounting shafts and finished installation.
Attachments
0305170913-800x450.jpg
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

Great looking caboose Rob!

I might just have to build one myself to go behind my Ma&Pa 2-8-0.

Andy Pullen
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.
JohnHudak

Post by JohnHudak »

Seeing this thread again makes me want to get back to work on my PRR NC bobber...