Bridgeport mill, table removed. Advice please .

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

sandman2234

Re: Bridgeport mill, table removed. Advice please .

Post by sandman2234 »

I have a friend who owns a machine shop. He started it in his garage, years ago. About the same time, I started collecting firearms. Now he has started collecting firearms, and I have started collecting machine tools.
Costs of the needed items was compared.
Bridgeport equals rifle
vise equals scope
rotary table.... pistol
endmills.... reloading dies
metal stock...bullets
No matter what the hobby, it seems the costs are just a little bit more than you
can afford, and a lot more than you can justify... especially to your spouse...
BP 2j vs, SB lathe, W& S #4 Turret lathe, Maho 600P
doug925

Re: Bridgeport mill, table removed. Advice please .

Post by doug925 »

Sandman...would the rifle in the bridgeport=rifle comparision be a handmade McMillan bmg50[img]/ubb/images/graemlins/cool.gif"%20alt="[/img], or a Barret bmg50[img]/ubb/images/graemlins/cool.gif"%20alt="[/img]?????? I kow I would love to own one but it is cost prohibitive for most of us mere mortals. I think I will have to stay with machine tools. lol lol [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/wink.gif"%20alt="[/img]
DFWKen

Uh Oh, I'm in real trouble!

Post by DFWKen »

Two of my passions are classic competition match airguns and my home shop including metalworking, woodworking, etc. Your analogy is a good one except that I'm on both sides of it. (chuckle)
sandman2234

Re: Uh Oh, I'm in real trouble!

Post by sandman2234 »

No McMillan, but I did purchase the Gunmetal Design's .50 a few years ago...
How about a RugerAC-556 in S/S with a screw on silencer? That ought to more than pay for the milling machne...Toss in a Ruger folding stock, and I bet I could get a rotary table to boot, or at least a vise. Maybe even talk my way into a DRO...
Guns...
cars
tools.
Wife will have a nice garage sale when I am gone.

Anybody looking for a '66 corvette?
BP 2j vs, SB lathe, W& S #4 Turret lathe, Maho 600P