Bridgeport manual

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

ronm

Bridgeport manual

Post by ronm »

Well, it looks like I might end up w/a BP after all-the guy kept dropping the price until it got TOO attractive. Does anyone know if BP still sells manuals, or is there another source? There was one on Ebay yesterday, but it seemed a little pricey at $30...or is it worth that? It's a J-head, dovetail ram, I couldn't find the SN on the front of the knee where it's supposed to be. My guess is late 50's, early 60's? TIA, Ron.
AndrewMawson

Re: Bridgeport manual

Post by AndrewMawson »

Tony Griffths at www.lathes.co.uk will sell you one on a CDROM - or you may be able to download it from him
Andrew Mawson
Battle, East Sussex, UK
Roy

Post by Roy »

If its a 1J or 2J I check out my website. I have just about the entire manual scanned and available as a down load page by page of the most asked for pages in the manual anyhow. If there is a page you want thats not there just ask, and I will add it to the site.
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
Its on the tech data section under Bridgeport Stuff
ronm

Post by ronm »

Thanks guys-good info-made me think of another question I should have asked. How about info on a Lyman power feed? It comes w/the machine, but it's not attached. He SAYS it works...