Looking for Oesterlein Mill or parts

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

TomSto

Looking for Oesterlein Mill or parts

Post by TomSto »

A8B902DF-CB53-42EA-960D-DD58303C0377.jpeg

Recently bought an Oesterlein Ohio #2 Universal Mill, vintage 1927, SN B461. Missing most of the mechanical feed system between the gearbox and the knee. Rebuilt what I have, and there are workarounds for the feed system, but I would be very interested in finding another of the same machine-either plain or universal-in any condition as long as it is reasonably complete.

This is a nice old machine, and cleans up well. I know there are several others on this site that have similar Oesterlein machines. If I can help anyone else with rebuild questions, I have completely dissembled this machine, and have pictures that I can share.

I will post pix as soon as I can figure out how to on this site.
Last edited by TomSto on Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harold_V

Re: Looking for Oesterlein Mill or parts

Post by Harold_V »

TomSto wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:41 am I will post pix as soon as I can figure out how to on this site.
Pictures are posted as attachments, assuming they are hosted on this site. To do so, simply click on the button and follow the instructions (found on the same page, left side of the screen, beneath the box in which the post is composed). They can be hosted elsewhere with a link provided for viewers to click.

Welcome to the board.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
TomSto

Re: Looking for Oesterlein Mill or parts

Post by TomSto »

Thanks! Got it!