Menards Milling & Drilling Machine DL300-150

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

spro

Re: Menards Milling & Drilling Machine DL300-150

Post by spro »

We look back and it was 40 years or more. Copy of Rusnock. Pretty interesting read about that man. There was 1984 and these mills were being sold. As I recall, they were sold out but could be back ordered. It was something, different as I acquired an actual Rusnok head. Of course it was 3 phase and the head adapter ( to round ram) was about 5 1/2" diameter. The spindle taper is #9 Brown & Sharpe so it was capable of work. Back in the '80's I wanted the smaller version. They were actual Rusnocks too, just smaller. They said it then they didn't, then they were all sold out anyway.
So here we are poised to read about Mr. Rusnock Old Chicago.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

You need an x/y milling table for that.

Not the cheap kind with the built-in vise - those are for drilling only.

Do NOT get an X/Y rotary table, they are not rigid enough for milling, although they are good for drilling.

Steve
JeffofCT

Post by JeffofCT »

Thank you to everyone for your comments. I acquired a xy table, 4 inch Kurt vice and R8 collets from a friend who owns a machine shop and a lot of surplus equipment.