Why 29.5 degrees

All discussion about lathes including but not limited to: South Bend, Hardinge, Logan, Monarch, Clausing and other HSM lathes, including imports

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Bill Shields

Re: Why 29.5 degrees

Post by Bill Shields »

That is large. What size in pixels h and w?

I keep mine 600 x 600 and avoid problems. Not sure what the exact limit is
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

armscor 1 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:11 am Hi Harold, 9.7 MB, one photo.
WOW! That's not even remotely reasonable. The file size is obscene!
A 1024 x 788 pixel picture with a file size of 100 kb provides reasonable detail. If you feel the need for greater detail, a file size of 1 mb would be considered on the high side (for posting on this board).

In order for this venue to remain free for readers, we expect readers to cooperate by not posting pictures that eat up storage space. The cost of operation, minus any revenue that may be voluntarily submitted to the owner of the board, is all provided by the owner. He has supported this board for more than 22 years.

There are multiple applications that alter picture size. I suggest you use one (many are free, like Irfanview https://www.irfanview.com/ ) to reduce the file size and pixel count to a reasonable number. Once done, there is no reason for the image to be rejected by the board software.

For clarity, the board administration has no affiliation with Irfanview.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Bill Shields wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:59 am Not sure what the exact limit is
1024 X 1024 maximum.

That allows for portrait or landscape type images. I suggest you post them 1024 x 768 so those who wish to "zoom in" can do so by right clicking the thumbnail that is created by the board software. Too small of a picture is just as aggravating as one that is too large.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
armscor 1

Post by armscor 1 »

Think I got it right now, cell phone was in macro mode, have to get my 6 year old Nephew to show me how to use it!
Attachments
DSCN0115.JPG