Jet 1236PS switch issues

All discussion about lathes including but not limited to: South Bend, Hardinge, Logan, Monarch, Clausing and other HSM lathes, including imports

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

spro

Re: Jet 1236PS switch issues

Post by spro »

My 12 X 36 is an Enco and it had wrong rpms listed on the head. Those were the days when any decent machine tool was in service. Finding a new lathe which could cut metric was exciting. It was only two gears' ratio. This lathe was a mixture of metric and Imperial American standard. The spindle nose was listed as MT #5 and 2 1/4" x 8 tpi. About the heaviest thing to wind around and get into the basement. It is good, in retrospect, to think about the machinists in distant lands. After, That bed has cured by being buried . Then the machining before the hardening and grinding the ways.
spro

Re: Jet 1236PS switch issues

Post by spro »

Mine is identical from the neck down. The head is different; I would say deeper and the left cover is attached with knurled knobs. It has a contact/ breaker box so the " Start stop jog buttons" and the direction control of the apron mounted lever don't require much voltage to / from the transformers. The slant head has a lever for Fwd /Rev of the gear train. The classic style looks perfectly fine to me. Inside the head cover are the impressive helical gears. Inside the cover is painted yellow as well as the the qcgb selector arms.