Fixing Grizzly band saw

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

TomB

Re: Fixing Grizzly band saw

Post by TomB »

jcfx wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:21 pm Did you check the blade tension ?
Not enough tension on the blade can make the blade walk off the wheels.
I've had that happen on other belts, mostly flat leather belts. I don't think that is a problem on this one as it will run forever with no load then it jumps off the drive wheels instantly when a load is applied. On this saw I worry that I may be applying too much tension and I plan to buy one of the tension indicators when I get into a town big enough to have one.
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

Something is clogging the line...it is just a hydraulic cylinder, lines and valves.

Find the clog ..you may need to totally disassemble and soak everything in solvent and blow with air.

I would use a light weight oil like maybe 10 weight for starters.
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

I would try calling Grizzly help line. They have been very helpful and knowledgable, to me in the past. Given our terrible current economic environment Iam not surprised the cost has gone up dramatically. $115 might be a bargain if you need the saw to work right away…

Glenn
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
makinsmoke

Post by makinsmoke »

I rebuilt an old field found Buffalo.

Same problem. Read a bunch of stuff online. Finally my brother in law said my blade tension wasn’t tight enough. I snugged it up good, and has been working ever since.