Help with a H & G Diehead Manual

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Rich_Carlstedt

Help with a H & G Diehead Manual

Post by Rich_Carlstedt »

Does anyone have a H & G Die Head manual ?

I would appreciate any help with information on setup of the H & G Die head that was gifted to me.
I wrote the factory several weeks ago and they never did respond. I imagine the firm has changed hands
a few times and catalogs/records may be non existent ?
Its a model DM Size 00 ---Made during WW II I believe but die inserts are still available
It does not function presently and it seems some of the trigger mechanism is missing ( Hence the Cat request)
It is for 3/8" threads and smaller and is great for model Work -if it works !
So any info is helpful.
Rich
LIALLEGHENY

Re: Help with a H & G Diehead Manual

Post by LIALLEGHENY »

Rich, I know I don't have a manual, but I may have a head, and chasers. I'll look tomorrow and see what I have and get back to you. I have 5 or 6 H& G heads of various sizes I think up to 1-1/2".

Nyle
Rich_Carlstedt

Post by Rich_Carlstedt »

Thank you Nyle
here are some pics of my unit, Which does not work ..
Rich
P2120060.JPG
P2120059.JPG
LIALLEGHENY

Post by LIALLEGHENY »

Rich,

No luck on my end, the heads I have are all much bigger and a different style. From the pictures you put up , it looks as though everything is there on your head, it's just a matter of figuring out how it works. I did some looking around, Landis took over H&G, try this company: International Screw Machine Services, internationalscrew.com , They are listed as a distributor for H&G and Landis and probably will have the info you need.

Nyle
Rich_Carlstedt

Post by Rich_Carlstedt »

Thanks Nyle
I wrote them a email but no response so far ... I will try a phone call
The head was partially disassembled when I got it and it seems some parts were hand made ( not factory )
I got it together as seen in the pics but it is not functional . I looked at a patent Drawing and it shows a steel ball -which is not
in my die head , so I know parts are wrong or missing
Rich