encourage 6" rotary table

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

mikechoochoo

encourage 6" rotary table

Post by mikechoochoo »

I bought a used Emco 6 inch rotary table that also has small dividing plates and a sector so it can function like a dividing head. It's a 40:1 ratio so I can use it ok, but I would like to get copy of the manual for it. I can't find a model number on it, can't even find a picture of it on the internet. Do any of you have one of these, or seen one, also how old is it, and what was its model or catalog number.
Mike N.
Bill Shields

Re: encourage 6" rotary table

Post by Bill Shields »

this is like asking how long is a string.

a lot of EMCO stuff was out and gone long before the internet existed. Much of it was generic -> made by many companies and sold under the same name (very common from Taiwan).

if there is no model number (or catalog number / name plate) on the unit -> it is going to be darn tough for anyone to assist you without lots of information.

In reality: a 40:1 dividing head is a 40:1 dividing head -> they all pretty much work the same.

Keep them clean and lubricated and....well...what else is there to know?

are there knobs / levers / screws / adjustments about which you have concern?

Pictures of your areas of concern will really help.
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

mikechoochoo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:54 pm I bought a used Emco 6 inch rotary table that also has small dividing plates and a sector so it can function like a dividing head. It's a 40:1 ratio so I can use it ok, but I would like to get copy of the manual for it. I can't find a model number on it, can't even find a picture of it on the internet. Do any of you have one of these, or seen one, also how old is it, and what was its model or catalog number.
Mike N.

As the old wheeze goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. Photos please!
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
pete

Post by pete »

Nope Emco not Enco Bill. The Austrian manufacturer of machine tools. I'll confess I had to read it twice to be sure and I own some of their equipment. A few years ago I would have suggested the Yahoo Groups because there was at least one that was specific to Emco equipment. I'm not sure what if anything replaced those groups, and it's too bad there gone with all the information they once had. I have had some luck finding European machine tool manuals on line by using Google translate and plugging in something like Emco rotary table instruction manual as the search terms. I'd try it in German, French and maybe Italian. If you use English as the search terms, Google generally won't return any hits that aren't in English. There's a vast number of hobby metal working forums and personal web pages out there we never see at all. I've heard this French forum https://www.usinages.com/forums/ has a large number of older manuals, but haven't checked for your rotary table manual. Afaik EMCO never produced a separate manual for just the rotary table itself, you'll probably find the parts exploded view and user manual as well as the division tables in with the manual for I think there FP-1 or FP-2 mill. Lathes UK probably has those, but he wants far too much for just a scanned copy of the original.
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

Typo...sorry.. know who to they are. :mrgreen:

Have one of their maximats
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
pete

Post by pete »

Your not the first to do that Bill. In fact I've seen it a few times over on PM so It's not hard to speed read it as Enco. :-) That said, I still miss Enco.
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

mikechoochoo wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:54 pm I bought a used Emco 6 inch rotary table that also has small dividing plates and a sector so it can function like a dividing head. It's a 40:1 ratio so I can use it ok, but I would like to get copy of the manual for it. I can't find a model number on it, can't even find a picture of it on the internet. Do any of you have one of these, or seen one, also how old is it, and what was its model or catalog number.
Mike N.
An exploded diagram of an EMCO rotary table is given in the operating and/or parts list book that is published for the V10P lathe.