What are these Doall parts?

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

MotoWerx

What are these Doall parts?

Post by MotoWerx »

Can anyone shed some light on what these are? They vary in size. They were my grandfathers who was a Chief Engineer in the merchant marines on Steam, then diesel ships.

My google skills are letting me down... :oops:

Thank you in advance for any insight.
Attachments
DoAll.jpg
-Dave

I live my life in a confused haze only to be interrupted by moments of Brilliance!

~Dave (me)
BadDog

Re: What are these Doall parts?

Post by BadDog »

Looks like blade guides.
Russ
Master Floor Sweeper
MotoWerx

Post by MotoWerx »

Got it, thank you.

Just searched on that topic and found this:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Doall+saw+ins ... iax=images

Looks like that's what they are.

Anyone need them or want them?
-Dave

I live my life in a confused haze only to be interrupted by moments of Brilliance!

~Dave (me)
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

MotoWerx wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:43 pm Looks like that's what they are.

Anyone need them or want them?
I own a DoAll and could use them. What are your terms?

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
MotoWerx

Post by MotoWerx »

What are they worth to you, I have no reference. Honestly pay shipping and throw me a few bucks for my tooling fund and i'd be happy.
-Dave

~Dave (me)
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

I have no clue. My saw is equipped with the guides that I use and I've never inquired about value. My use is strictly non-profit (hobby) and not extensive. I don't have a sense of direction, so I'll probably just pass. At my age (81), I most likely won't use them, anyway. They'd have just gone on the shelf "in case".

incidentally, they are used in groups of four. If you don't have that many of each size, they aren't of much use to anyone except the guy who has lost or damaged one or more.

I see you're in Western Washington. I'm in Lewis County. How far away are you? Think Exit 71 on I-5 for my approximate location.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Russ Hanscom

Post by Russ Hanscom »

Yes, the guides are used in groups of four, however, they are frequently on ebay in pairs or otherwise. Different width guides for different blade widths. I notice these are marked 1/2.
MotoWerx

Post by MotoWerx »

@Harold_V - I am in Auburn up just past Tacoma about 1.5hrs north of you. They are of no use for me so i'd send them to you if you want them. I am not down your way very often so I'd have to mail them.

@Russ Hanscom - yes the one pictured is 1/2 but there are other sizes as well. If they are used in sets of 4, then I am not sure how many sets there are. I will go look later today to confirm.
-Dave

~Dave (me)
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

I might still be interested, as I use the ½" size, but I also have a couple reels of 3/8" blade stock, for which I do NOT have guides. If you happen to have four of them, I'd entertain paying the postage, and, say a $10 bill for your tool fund. Interested?

H
MotoWerx

Post by MotoWerx »

There are 5 complete sets and one 3/32 set that is missing one block.

1/2", 3/8", 3/16", 1/8", 1/16" are all complete.

Harold, sounds good let me know where to send them.
Attachments
DoAll-1.jpg
-Dave

~Dave (me)
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

MotoWerx wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:40 pm There are 5 complete sets and one 3/32 set that is missing one block.

1/2", 3/8", 3/16", 1/8", 1/16" are all complete.

Harold, sounds good let me know where to send them.
Great! Look in your private messages.

Harold