C.F. Struck Power Hacksaw Drawings?

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

milwiron

C.F. Struck Power Hacksaw Drawings?

Post by milwiron »

This is a shot in the dark...
I have an old set of castings and misc. parts for a C.F. Struck power hacksaw kit that has been moved from house to house for many years.
I thought it might be fun to have it in the shop cutting small parts just for fun. My grandson could get involved with this kit.
Of course the drawings are long gone.

Does anyone on the forum have a set of drawings for this kit? If I remember right it was just a few 8-1/2 x 11 sheets of paper.
It's not complicated and I can figure it out but having the drawings is always helpful.
Thanks much all,
Denny
"Measure twice, curse once."
steamingon

Re: C.F. Struck Power Hacksaw Drawings?

Post by steamingon »

rlnguy

Re: C.F. Struck Power Hacksaw Drawings?

Post by rlnguy »

New here, so happy I ran across this discussion.
We built many of the CS projects in my college manufacturing courses, as mini production runs, in the 70's.
I have the drawings-scanned and saved as PDF. Happy to share them, drop me a PM.

I gave my saw to my dad, it was subsequently lost in a fire.
I found one at the estate sale of a coworkers father, and bought it, as a keepsake.

I still have the surface plate, and scriber.

As an aside-I had contacted Struck, back in the 90's, to find out if they still had the castings.
They told me that a former employee had taken over that part of the business.
They gave me his name and address, I wrote, but never got a reply.
Of course, this was before email and internet.