ER Collets.

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

armscor 1

ER Collets.

Post by armscor 1 »

Must watch, things I did not know about ER collets.
https://youtu.be/WKikm6cQKh0
RSG

Re: ER Collets.

Post by RSG »

Great video!
Vision is not seeing things as they are, but as they will be.
Lew Hartswick

Post by Lew Hartswick »

That video would probably very helpful IF the guy would have talked slow enough to be understood . So many people seem to be practicing to be auctioneers . :-(
...lew...
armscor 1

Post by armscor 1 »

I am an Aussie and understood the gentleman very clearly, maybe we speak too fast.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

I'm younger than lew, but I can say that as I've aged, hearing words spoken has become problematic. The slightest background noise results in what can best be described as "blurred vision". I hear the sound, it just doesn't make sense.

The slightest "twang" in the spoken word can be confusing. An Aussie listening to an Aussie most likely works just fine. For us Yanks, not so much.

I've viewed the video and am able to hear and understand the individual in question.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
rmac

Post by rmac »

For those unaware, YouTube has a feature that lets you speed up or slow down the videos. First click on the "settings" icon off to the right and below the video window. (It looks like a little gear.) From there, click on "Playback speed" and select the option you want.

I use this all the time when I think somebody in a video is talking either too fast or too slow.

-- Russ
RSG

Post by RSG »

Good suggestion Russ! I often use the speed adjustment when I'm trying to get a better look at a particular spot on the video.
Vision is not seeing things as they are, but as they will be.
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

rmac wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:42 pmFor those unaware, YouTube has a feature that lets you speed up or slow down the videos...I use this all the time when I think somebody in a video is talking either too fast or too slow.
I use the speed-up feature when the guy/gal in the video is talking too much. :D
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
jcfx

Post by jcfx »

The fellow sounded fine to me.
Lew, as rmac mentioned, perhaps you may have inadvertently set your Youtube playback speed too fast ?

Click on the gear icon ( next to the CC icon )
and you should get a pop up menu.
YT Setting01.jpg
YT Setting01.jpg (20.19 KiB) Viewed 4911 times
YT Setting02.jpg
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

I've seen this video before.

Already knew some stuff about the collets but what I didn't know was the low-friction vs flush nuts.

Steve
armscor 1

Post by armscor 1 »

My Vertex E 32 collet holder is low friction, needle bearing in nose and zero run out.
My Bang Good E 40 collet holder is a flush nut but has up to 1.5 thou run out depending on collet.
You get what you pay for.