Shape-rite model B

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Mchauck

Shape-rite model B

Post by Mchauck »

i just joined the site so I hope I’m doing this right.

I bought a Shape-rite shaper. I need a few parts that were missing. I’m hoping I can find the original parts. Otherwise I will try to make do with creative substitutes.

I need the small intermediate pulley gear.
I need the housing that encloses those gears

I can make shafts and can get bearings, pulleys etc

Please help!!!😂
928gene928

Re: Shape-rite model B

Post by 928gene928 »

I have same shaper, and did a major rebuild a few years ago. I did replace the input shaft, bearings, and the gears that drive the main bull gear. I sourced both gears from a industrial supplier, don't remember which one, but at the time I used Mc Master-Carr and MSC. Also did the shaft seals at the same time. Can't help with the housing, however; it may not be too difficult to make one. I did post all the pictures of the rebuild at that time. They may still be here on the site ??? The moderator may be able to help you find them. Best of luck, the Shape Rite is by far the best of the small shapers.
Harold_V

Re: Shape-rite model B

Post by Harold_V »

928gene928 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:11 am I did post all the pictures of the rebuild at that time. They may still be here on the site ???
The pictures were posted on a Yahoo venue, which no longer exists.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.